GilmoreGirls.de - Community in Deutschland
Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" IV - Druckversion

+- GilmoreGirls.de - Community in Deutschland (https://forum.gilmoregirls.de)
+-- Forum: GilmoreGirls (https://forum.gilmoregirls.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Wortgefechte der GG - und ich dachte nur so "Hä?" (https://forum.gilmoregirls.de/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Thema: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" IV (/showthread.php?tid=5012)

RE: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so - -LORE - 28.06.2016

Episode 7.11

Zeige Spoiler

RE: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" IV - Lore-01 - 28.06.2016

neue häs:

Zitat:RICHARD: So the hunter comes out of the tent, looks around, and says, "ah, very well then. Now, where's that gorilla?"
[Laughter]
LORELAI: Well now you've heard dad's big game-hunter- and-the-gorilla joke. You're officially part of the family.

Zitat:EMILY: On our recent trip to Mexico, your father and I were served Quail Mazatl*n, and I insisted that Bridget find the recipe

Zitat:SOOKIE: Yeah, Jackson loves to ski, and I love to dress up in those cozy clothes, the furry boots, and curl up with a Sue Grafton mystery. I got "'R' is for 'Ricochet'" and "'S' is for 'Silence.'" If the ski conditions are good, I can get a good eight hours of Kinsey Millhone in. Yeah, we were so excited.

Zitat:LORELAI'S HOUSE – LIVING ROOM
[Chris is unpacking the Plasma TV]
LORELAI: Oh, my god, the eagle has landed.
CHRISTOPHER: Yep, they delivered it while you were in the shower.
LORELAI: Did they deliver it or throw it?
CHRISTOPHER: Comes with a lot of equipment. Isn't it beautiful?
LORELAI: Yeah. And big.
CHRISTOPHER: All the better to watch Reggie Bush score touchdowns on.
LORELAI: I forget. Which one of the bush daughters is Reggie?

RE: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" IV - -LORE - 29.06.2016

Den Witz finde ich nicht online. Gibt man big game-hunter- and-the-gorilla joke ein, kommt zwar etwas, aber die Pointe, die Richard verwendet kommt nirgends ,auch nicht abgewandelt, vor.

das rezept:
http://www.dvo.com/recipe_pages/mexico/Chicken_Mazatlan.php

Kinsey Millhone is a fictional character who was created by Sue Grafton for her "alphabet mysteries" series of novels. Millhone appears in a number of short stories written by Grafton. Grafton's mystery novels featuring Millhone are set in 1980s Santa Teresa, a fictionalized town based on Santa Barbara, California.[1]

Sue Taylor Grafton ist eine US-amerikanische Krimi-Schriftstellerin. Sue Grafton ist die Tochter des Rechtsanwalts und Krimi-Autors C. W. Grafton

Reginald Alfred „Reggie“ Bush ist ein US-amerikanischer American-Football-Spieler auf der Position des Runningbacks. Er spielt für die San Francisco 49ers in der National Football League

The Eagle Has Landed: die Worte von Neil Armstrong als er auf dem mond landete :
Nach dem Aufsetzen meldete Neil Armstrong die erfolgreiche Landung mit den Worten „Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed.“ wiki.de

Neue Häs:

LORELAI: All right, listen, I love that you're using my conditioner, and I love that you're putting up this Jumbotron thingy all by yourself, and I can't wait to watch flat sports with you, and I love you -- goodbye.
CHRISTOPHER: I will be here.
LORELAI: Hey, if you feel like shaving, I've got a brand-new Lady Schick in the drawer. Feel free to use it.

PARIS: No -- I have to set up the Goldman Sachs interview before spring break. My Christmas was fine, thank you. I assume yours was, too?

SOOKIE'S HOUSE – LIVING ROOM
[Lorelai is on the couch watching TV]
MAN ON TV: Did you blow on the dice again?
MAN#2 ON TV: Yeah.
MAN ON TV: That’s what I thought.
MAN#2 ON TV: This is my good friend Al Capone from Brooklyn….

PARIS: I'll check out some local community-service sites online. Now I found out the cut off for the Lawrence Way journalism fellowship application is March 1st, so we have to get on that. And have you written your sample for the Iowa poetry prize?

PARIS: Hannah freeman is applying for a fulbright to study space travel in Luneberg, Germany. Do you think she's ever travelled to space? Besides, the writing sample is a poem -- takes 20 minutes to write, 2 if it's haiku.

RE: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" IV - Lore-01 - 30.06.2016

A Jumbotron, sometimes referred to as Jumbovision, is a large-screen television using technology developed by Sony,[1][2] typically used in sports stadiums and concert venues to show close up shots of the event.[3][4] Although JumboTron is a registered trademark owned by the Sony Corporation, Sony stopped manufacturing the devices under that name in 2001 and the word jumbotron has since become a genericized trademark

wiki.de

Schick ist ein Rasierer: http://www.schick.com/women-shaving-info/history-of-shaving

Die Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. ist ein weltweit tätiges Investmentbanking- und Wertpapierhandelsunternehmen mit Sitz in New York City. Goldman Sachs ist hauptsächlich als Finanzdienstleister für Großunternehmen und institutionelle Investoren tätig.
wiki.de

Alphonse Gabriel „Al“ Capone (Nachname: kə'pəʊn,[1] italienisch Alfonso Capone; * 17. Januar 1899 in Brooklyn, New York, NY, USA; † 25. Januar 1947 in Palm Island, Florida) war einer der berüchtigtsten Verbrecher Amerikas in den 1920er und 1930er Jahren. Capone kontrollierte als Boss des „Chicago Outfit“ die Chicagoer Unterwelt und machte seine Geschäfte vor allem mit illegalem Glücksspiel, Prostitution, Schutzgelderpressung und während der Prohibitionszeit mit illegalem Alkoholhandel. Bis heute ist sein Name auch mit der Bezeichnung Geldwäsche verbunden, da er als Erster illegale Einnahmen in Waschsalons investierte und mit dieser Verschleierungsmethode Vorbild für viele Steuerhinterzieher und Betrüger wurde.

Obwohl der Höhepunkt seiner Karriere nur von 1926 bis 1931 währte und Capone im Grunde nur bereits existierende kriminelle Strukturen nutzte, wurde er geradezu zum Archetyp des US-amerikanischen Gangsterbosses, zu einem Symbol für die organisierte Kriminalität schlechthin. Der „Mythos Capone“ geht im Wesentlichen auf seine Fähigkeiten als Selbstdarsteller und seinen geschickten Umgang mit der Presse zurück. Nach außen gab sich Capone den Anschein des seriösen Geschäftsmanns, der im Branchenverzeichnis als Antiquitätenhändler geführt wurde und laut Visitenkarte Händler für gebrauchte Möbel war.

wiki.de

Zu dem Lawrence way journalism fellowship:

http://www.general.surgery.ucsf.edu/faculty/emeritus-faculty/lawrence-w-way,-md.aspx   Hier gibt es einen Lawrence Way, aber von fellowships oder journalism steht da nichts.

hier gibts eine lawrence university, mit sschwerpunkt jouralism:
http://www.lawrence.edu/info/offices/communications/especially_for_journalists

Hier steht was zum iowa prze http://www.uiowapress.org/authors/iowa-prize.htm

Das Fulbright-Programm ist eines der prestigeträchtigsten Stipendienprogramme der Welt. Es bezieht sich mit bilateralen Verträgen und Vereinbarungen allein und weltweit auf den akademischen Austausch in die und aus den USA.wiki.de

Die Hansestadt Lüneburg (niederdeutsch Lümborg, englisch [veraltet] Lunenburg, lateinisch Luneburgum oder Lunaburgum, altsächsisch Hliuni, polabisch Glain) ist eine Große Mittelstadt im Nordosten von Niedersachsen und ist eines von neun Oberzentren des Bundeslandes.

Aber mit weltraumfahrt finde ich da gar nichts. auf der seite der uin auch nicht.

Und Al Capone: ich find da auch nichts... außer eben was zu al capone. hab auch bei den filmen über ihn die zitate gegoogelt, oder generell die zitate aus gg gegooglet. aber da findet man gar nichts. war vermutlich eine sendun drüber?

Neue Häs:

Zitat:PARIS: It's a defensive move. It's like monopoly. Your little wheelbarrow lands on St. James place. You think, "I don't want St. James place, "but I don't want some other schmo to get it, so I'll stick a plastic house there." Am I getting through to you?

Zitat:YALE – HALLWAY
[Rory is waiting on a bench, Richard comes out of his office]
RICHARD: Don't apologize, Connor. That's precisely why I have office hours. Oh, and I'm supposed to tell you that you can also query me by e-mail, although to be honest, I check it about as often as I do the daily racing form. [Laughs]

Zitat:RORY: Well, and you don't have to do this, but she wanted me to ask you if you might be able to help her to set up an informal get-together with Dean Kerrigan.

Zitat:PARIS: Oh, so now she's decided to just ignore you? How very "Heathers" of her.

Zitat:RORY: Okay, I will check out the Poposaurus project at the Peabody, but there is no way I'm signing up for the LSATS.
PARIS: Sure you are. Don't get lazy on me now. The finish line is in sight.
RORY: I'm not being lazy, Paris. It’s just I'm not interested in being a lawyer. I'm interested in journalism.
PARIS: Just because you go to law school doesn't mean you have to be a lawyer. Look at Dan Abrams he’s a journalist but because of his law degree, he became the face of the Scott Peterson trial.

RORY: Well I don't want to be the face of the Scott Peterson trial, and I hate Dan Abrams. I will also not be taking the MCATS.
PARIS: Sanjay Gupta, senior medical correspondent at CNN, [Rory’s phone rings] right now he's got the market cornered.

laut http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0921218/trivia?tab=mc&ref_=tt_trv_cnn

ist der film den lore schaut "Al Capone"

RE: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" IV - -LORE - 01.07.2016

Ich glaube,  mit Dr. Lawrence W. Way, M.D. hast du recht. Er ist in der Abteilung der Allgemeinchirurgie und Professor Emeritus der Allgemeinchirurgie an der Uni von Californien, San Francisco.

Das macht doch Sinn, Paris will ja Ärztin werden. Und sie und rory interessieren sich für journalismus (sie hat rory ja auch aufgezähtl, welche Leute anderes studiert haben und nun als Journalisten arbeiten; es geht ihr also um eine Verknüpfung von verschiedenen Studienfächern).

Und zur Uni:  The UCSF School of Medicine is one of the most selective medical schools in the United States based on average MCAT score, GPA, and acceptance rate
wiki.de

Macht Sinn, finde ich Smile

Monopoly ist klar: Brettspiel aus Amerika; mit dem Ziel ein Monopol aus Grundstücken auszubauen und die teuersten Straßen zu kaufen.

St. James's Place plc (branded as St. James's Place Wealth Management) is a UK-based wealth management business. It is headquartered in Cirencester and has 20 regional offices throughout the UK among recently acquired offices in China and Hong Kong. It was listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1997 and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
wiki.de

The Daily Racing Form (DRF) is a tabloid newspaper founded in 1894 in Chicago, Illinois, by Frank Brunell. The paper publishes the past performances of race horses as a statistical service for bettors on horse racing in North America.[1
wiki.de

dean karrigan hatten wir schon mal, den gibt es nicht.

The Heathers ist ein amerikanischer Film in dem es um eine Clique geht, deren Mitglieder alle Heather heißen. Jeder an der Schule möchte umbedingt Mitglied in dieser elitären, prestigeträchtigen Clique werden.

Poposaurus ist eine ausgestorbene Gattung der Archosaurier aus der Gruppe der Crurotarsi, die während der Obertrias in Nordamerika lebte. wiki.de

von der seite des peabody museums in yale:

While working in Utah in the summer of 2003, the Yale Peabody Museum’s Divison of Vertebrate Paleontology field team collected what could be the most complete remains ever found of the extremely rare Poposaurus, dating from approximately 220 million years ago.

http://peabody.yale.edu/support/peabody-finds-poposaurus

The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) is a half-day standardized test administered four times each year at designated testing centers throughout the world. Administered by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) for prospective law school candidates, the LSAT is designed to assess reading comprehension, logical, and verbal reasoning proficiencies.[7] The test is an integral part of the law school admission process in the United States, Canada (common law programs only), the University of Melbourne, Australia,[8][9] and a growing number of other countries. An applicant cannot take the LSAT more than three times within a two-year period.
wiki.de

Dan Abrams is an American television host who serves as the chief legal affairs anchor for ABC News. He is as well a legal commentator, Web entrepreneur and author,[1] and a former anchor of Nightline.[2] He worked as chief legal correspondent and analyst for NBC News, as general manager of MSNBC and as an anchor for that network.wiki.de

Scott Lee Peterson (born October 24, 1972) is an American prisoner currently on death row in California, convicted of murdering his pregnant wife, Laci Peterson, in Modesto, California, in 2002. He was convicted of first-degree murder in 2004 and sentenced to death by lethal injection the following year. He remains on death row in San Quentin State Prison while his case is on appeal to the Supreme Court of California.
wiki.de

Hier ist ein video, in dem sich abrams über den fall äußert http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5113745/ns/msnbc-the_abrams_report/t/new-photos-figure-attack-petersons-story/#.V3Z8FaKFnfY

und: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/7220109/ns/msnbc-about_msnbc_tv/t/abrams-report-special-scott-peterson/#.V3Z8tKKFnfY

The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is a computer-based standardized examination for prospective medical students in the United States, Australia[9] and Canada. It is designed to assess problem solving, critical thinking, written analysis and knowledge of scientific concepts and principles. Prior to August 19, 2006, the exam was a paper-and-pencil test; since January 27, 2007, however, all administrations of the exam have been computer-based.
wiki.de

Sanjay Gupta (/ˈsɑːndʒeɪ ˈɡuːptə/ SAHN-jay GOOP-tə; born October 23, 1969) is an American neurosurgeon and media reporter. He serves as associate chief of the neurosurgery service at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, Georgia and as assistant professor of neurosurgery at the Emory University School of Medicine.
Gupta went on to receive his Bachelor of Science degree in biomedical sciences at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and his M.D. degree from the University of Michigan Medical School in 1993.

Neue HÄs:

Zitat:LORELAI: Hiya! I want to see the TV. [Gasps] Holy cripes, that's big! Oh, my gosh. Does that come with a slushee machine and a gangly teenage usher? Honey, the deal with sookie...[sees the not pad] Chris?

Zitat:RORY: We're gonna meet Lucy over at the dining hall, sneak out a couple of trays, and then go tray sledding down science hill. We can cross it off the list, come on.

Zitat:RICHARD: Now, when it comes to papers, I'm guessing that some of you, of course, will be asking me for an extension. You will be happy to learn that I have no problem with extensions. [light laughter by the class] Here's what you do. You look at the due date of the paper, and then you mark it on your calendar two weeks prior to that date. And there you have it. I've just granted you a two-week extension. By the way, my office hours are every Tuesday morning, and you're welcome to come to me with any questions or problems, economic or non. My expertise extends beyond Keynesian theory, and I will be happy to lend an ear. So, let's get started. As you know, this course... [Breathless] Will take a specific look at... processes and determinants... of overall economic P...[Gasps softly and groans, falls to the floor as the screen fades to black]

Zitat:
Paris: You two were behaving like children. I thought I was going to have to put you on the naughty step or something.

RE: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" IV - Lore-01 - 02.07.2016

Slush bezeichnet ein halbgefrorenes Trinkeis. Es besteht aus einer Mischung von Wasser, Zucker, Farbstoffen und Aromastoffen. Teilweise wird das Produkt mit Kohlensäure versetzt, spezielle Rezepturen enthalten auch Alkohol
wiki

usher- Platzanweiser {m} dict.com

Science Hill is a precinct of the Yale University campus primarily devoted to physical and biological sciences, contained in the Prospect Hill neighborhood of New Haven, Connecticut. Originally a 36-acre residential estate known as Sachem's Wood, it was purchased by the university in 1910 and has been allocated to large-footprint buildings for scientific laboratories and the main buildings of the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies.
wiki

Unter Keynesianismus [keɪnz-] wird in den Wirtschaftswissenschaften ein Theoriegebäude verstanden, in dem die gesamtwirtschaftliche Nachfrage die entscheidende Größe für Produktion und Beschäftigung ist. Es geht auf John Maynard Keynes’ Allgemeine Theorie der Beschäftigung, des Zinses und des Geldes (London, 1936) zurück.
wiki.de

naughty step -stille Treppe {f} dict.com

Bei der Time-out-Technik handelt es sich um ein Verfahren zur Verhaltenstherapie von Kindern und Jugendlichen. Das Verfahren basiert auf der operanten Konditionierung. Kinder und Jugendliche werden, wenn sie unerwünschtes Verhalten zeigen, für bis zu 15 Minuten von möglichst vielen Reizen isoliert. Es geht darum, durch soziale und kommunikative Ausgrenzung jegliche Verstärkerreize des Fehlverhaltens zu entziehen. Als Verstärkerreize sind Reize zu bezeichnen, die das unerwünschte Verhalten fördern, zum Beispiel Blickkontakte, Belächeln des Verhaltens, reizüberflutende Umgebung (besonders bei Autisten etc.).wiki.de

time-oout-technik ist n anderer begriff für die stille treppe.

ichhab nix mehr gefunden. Smile

RE: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" IV - -LORE - 02.07.2016

Episode 7.12

Zeige Spoiler

RE: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" IV - Lore-01 - 02.07.2016

I'd Rather Be In Philadelphia

Zitat:BABETTE: Ohh, you know who's a man of mystery? Morey. [Lorelai cell phone rings] After decades in the bedroom, who would have thought that the idea of dressing up like a Howler monkey would be such a turn-on?

Zitat:RORY: Yeah, me neither. I keep thinking this is all just a nightmare.
LORELAI: I know.
RORY: But it's not.
LORELAI: No I mean it's a nightmare but not a nightmare nightmare. I know ‘cause I have shoes on. In my nightmares, I never am wearing shoes.
RORY: I didn't know that.
LORELAI: Yeah, yeah, It's the worst thing in the dream, too. I could be chased by snakes or in a nuclear explosion, but then I look down, and, "oh, my god! I'm not wearing shoes!"
RORY: I wonder what that means.
LORELAI: Well it probably means I have a fear of you know hurting my bare feet or fear of losing my shoes.
RORY: Hmm. Not so Freudian, huh?

Zitat:EMILY: I need to cancel Richard's tennis match. And I guess I'm not gonna make it to my book club tomorrow. Which is just as well -- I haven't even cracked the cover. Whatever gives Suzanna Shaw the idea that the rest of us share her barbaric interest in Cormac McCarthy is beyond me. Now let's see. I need to return the dean's call, and -- [spotting Luke] oh, no. Not him again. What's he doing here?

Zitat:BABETTE: Oh yeah, I'm sure. Don't you worry about a thing. He's a very vital man you dad -- lots of chi, you know?
LORELAI: Oh...really? I didn't know you noticed his chi.
BABETTE: Are you kidding me? Prana, chi, life force -- whatever you call it, your daddy's got it in spades. Sexy men like him often do. That's what makes them so sexy. They're ripe with life.

RE: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" IV - -LORE - 05.07.2016

Der Episodentitel ist ein Zitat von W. C. Fields (eig. William Claude Dukenfield), einem amerikanischen Schauspieler und COmedian. (1880–1946).

"This was an epitaph Fields proposed for himself in a 1925 article in Vanity Fair. It refers to his long standing jokes about Philadelphia (his actual birthplace), and the grave being one place he might actually not prefer to be. This is often repeated as "On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia.", or "All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia." which he might have stated at other times. It has also sometimes been distorted into a final dig at Philadelphia: "Better here than in Philadelphia." Fields' actual tomb at Forest Lawn in Glendale, California simply reads "W. C. Fields 1880–1946"."

-> https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/W._C._Fields

Die Brüllaffen sind eine Primatengattung aus der Familie der Klammerschwanzaffen. Sie leben in Mittel- und Südamerika und sind für ihr lautes Schreien bekannt, das sie vorwiegend am frühen Morgen ausstoßen.
->wiki.de

Sigmund Freud: Neurologe, Tiefenpsychologe.  Begründer der Psychoanalys. Geht davon aus, dass Träume eine Art unbewusstes Ventil für unsere unbewussten Ängste und Wünsche sind.

Cormac McCarthy ist ein US-amerikanischer Roman-Autor. McCarthy wurde unter anderem mit dem Pulitzer-Preis und dem National Book Award ausgezeichnet.
Kennzeichnend für seinen sehr drastischen Stil, in dem er die schicksalhaften Verstrickungen seiner Helden am Rande der US-amerikanischen Gesellschaft schildert, ist sein naturalistischer Verismus. Neben anschaulichen Naturbeschreibungen findet man Dialoge, die der Realität entnommen scheinen, aber auch Beschreibungen, die Vorgänge mystifizieren.
-> wiki.de

Prana (Sanskrit, m., प्राण, prāṇa, Lebensatem, Lebenshauch) bedeutet im Hinduismus Leben, Lebenskraft oder Lebensenergie. Prana ist vergleichbar mit Qi im alten China und Ki in Japan bzw. dem tibetischen Lung.
->wiki.de

Qi: bedeutet Energie, Atem oder Fluidum( wörtlich übersetzt auch Luft, Gas (in der Chemie / Physik), Dampf, Hauch, Äther sowie Temperament, Kraft oder Atmosphäre)
Außerdem bezeichnet Qi die Emotionen des Menschen und steht nach moderner daoistischer Auffassung auch für die Tätigkeit des neurohormonalen Systems.
->wiki.de

life force ist einfach die Lebenskraft

Neue Häs:

Zitat:BABETTE: He's like Warren Beatty, your dad -- or Sean Connery or -- who's that one I always found so sexy? The evil politician with the glasses -- Henry Kissinger!
LORELAI: Oh yeah I know him.
BABETTE: You might not agree with his politics. You might have lived through Vietnam and thought, "wow that man is the devil," but you can't deny he's sexy. You know why? Chi.

Zitat:LOGAN: Uh-huh, right. No, it's not a problem. It's perfectly understandable. So from there you want to take a right on Sycamore, left onto old Sawbrook, and then... that's right. No, I mean a left into the driveway. I mean that's correct -- making a left. I mean, a left is the correct choice. Right. That's correct, I mean. Okay, great. Great. Alright we'll be here. See you soon.
RORY: Well sounds like Abbott and Costello got nothing on you and the fish man.
LOGAN: You liked the "right/right" business? It could use polish, but me and the fish man have plans to bring back vaudeville
RORY: Oh I’m gonna book the Palace theater, “Logan and the fish man”.

Zitat:LOGAN: I know. I know. But in this world, that's relatively cheap. I mean Chad Hurley and Steve Chen sold YouTube for $1.65 billion, and who knows how much Mark Zuckerberg will get for Facebook?

Zitat:RORY: Yeah. We learned about ideal business theory last semester. I'm actually really enjoying his class. I've learned a lot. He's a really good teacher, which isn't always a given, you know. I mean some smart people can't translate their smarts to other people, but he is really good at explaining things, and he makes you want to learn more. Next week, we're gonna split up into 10 groups, and each of us have to create a business plan.
LOGAN: Like "The Apprentice."
RORY: Yeah and he's gonna be like Donald Trump

Zitat:RORY: Hmm. That fish man, he's a funny one.
LOGAN: Believe me, I know. I'm Hardy to his Laurel.
RORY: Okay we have a deck of cards, we have the chessboard. We have what I think is a backgammon set. I grabbed grandma two outfits, grabbed her a pair of pants because I wanted her to be comfortable, but then I thought that might be offensive to her.
LOGAN: Offensive how?
RORY: I have no idea. So then I grabbed a skirt, but then that opened up the whole stockings, pantyhose, "going through my grandma's underwear drawer" can of worms. And each outfit needs a different top and a pair of shoes. Do you want to know who rivals Imelda Marcos?
LOGAN: Emily Gilmore?
RORY: It's unbelievable. No biped needs that many pairs of shoes. Oh do you know what else I wanted to grab? By grandpa's bed, there is a bookmarked copy of "A Monetary History of the United States."
LOGAN: Because who doesn't love Milton Friedman?
RORY: Well I saw Milton Friedman's name on the syllabus, so I though maybe he'd want it.
LOGAN: Hey!
RORY: What, what's that?
LOGAN: Bing Crosby and Gary Crosby.
RORY: Oh, no way!
LOGAN: It was in the wrong sleeve. He can croon with "Maggie Blues."

RE: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" IV - Lore-01 - 13.07.2016

Henry Warren Beatty (30. März 1937) ist ein US-amerikanischer Schauspieler, Regisseur, Drehbuchautor, Produzent und politischer Aktivist der Demokratischen Partei. Seine berühmteste Rolle spielte er als Gangster Clyde Barrow in dem Filmklassiker Bonnie und Clyde. wiki.de

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/warren-beattyjpg__140220161833.jpg

hmm naja Big Grin

Sir Thomas Sean Connery (25. August 1930) ist ein schottischer Schauspieler, Filmproduzent und Oscar-Preisträger. wiki.de

http://a3.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fill,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,g_face,h_300,q_80,w_300/MTE1ODA0OTcxNTkzNzk1MDg1.jpg

Henry Alfred Kissinger ist ein US-amerikanischer Politikwissenschaftler und ehemaliger Politiker der Republikanischen Partei. wiki.de

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/97/Henry_A._Kissinger,_U.S._Secretary_of_State,_1973-1977.jpg

Kissinger im vietnam krieg:
Kissinger, der als einflussreichster Politiker unter dem Präsidenten Nixon galt, organisierte die amerikanische Außenpolitik über den Nationalen Sicherheitsrat, teilweise unter Umgehung des amerikanischen Außenministeriums. Entgegen den Wahlversprechen Nixons vor dessen Erstwahl 1968, den Vietnamkrieg zu beenden, forcierte die US-Regierung noch Angriffe auf den gegnerischen Vietcong. Durch die Kriegsausweitung kamen in den Folgejahren mehr als 100.000 Vietnamesen und mehr als 25.000 amerikanische Soldaten ums Leben.[30] Dabei wurde auch das Gebiet des neutralen Kambodschas in der streng geheimen Operation MENU völkerrechtswidrig bombardiert, um dortige vietnamesische Nachschublinien zu zerstören. Auf die Veröffentlichung der geheimen Bombardierungen reagierten Nixon und Kissinger mit massiven, aber legalen Telefon-Abhöraktionen (nicht zu verwechseln mit den illegalen Watergate-Abhör-Aktionen). Diese richteten sich teilweise auch gegen engste Mitarbeiter Kissingers, um den bis heute unbekannten Informanten herauszufinden[30][31].

Durch diese Ausweitung des Kriegs auf kambodschanisches Gebiet opferten die USA die Integrität des letzten unabhängigen Staates Indochinas. Die Flächenbombardements töteten etwa 200.000 Menschen, weit überwiegend Zivilisten, und trugen dazu bei, einen großen Teil der Bevölkerung in die Arme der kambodschanischen kommunistischen Widerstandsbewegung „Rote Khmer“ zu treiben. Von amerikanischen Boeing B-52-Flugzeugen wurden alleine 1973 doppelt soviele Bomben über Kambodscha abgeworfen wie über Japan während des gesamten Zweiten Weltkrieges. Die Destabilisierung Kambodschas führte 1975 mittelbar zur Machtübernahme der Roten Khmer, die in der Folge bis 1979 einen Völkermord an der eigenen Bevölkerung mit 1,7 bis 2,2 Millionen Opfern begingen.[32][33] Die geheime Ausweitung des Krieges entgegen den Wahlkampf-Versprechen Nixons führte zudem zu massiven Antikriegs-Demonstrationen in den USA, bei denen es auch zum tödlichen Schusswaffeneinsatz gegen demonstrierende Studenten kam (Kent-State-Massaker).
wiki.de

Sycamore bezeichnet. verschiedene Baumarten aus der Familie der Platanengewächse, die in Nordamerika heimisch sind.
wiki.de

Abbott und Costello waren ein berühmtes US-amerikanisches Komiker-Duo, bestehend aus Bud Abbott und Lou Costello. Sie traten in Film, Radio, Theater und Fernsehen auf und waren in Amerika ein erfolgreiches Komikerduo der 1940er- und frühen 1950er-Jahre.
wiki.de

The Palace Theatre is a West End theatre in the City of Westminster in London. Its red-brick facade dominates the west side of Cambridge Circus behind a small plaza near the intersection of Shaftesbury Avenue and Charing Cross Road. The Palace Theatre seats 1,400.
wiki.de

Chad Hurley ist ein US-amerikanischer Unternehmer. Bekannt wurde er als einer der Gründer des Videoportals YouTube, dessen Chief Executive Officer er war.

Steve Chen ist ein taiwanischer Mitgründer und war Chief Technology Officer der Website YouTube
wiki.de

Facebook Inc. ist ein US-amerikanisches Unternehmen mit Sitz in Menlo Park, Kalifornien. Der Gesellschaft gehören das soziale Netzwerk Facebook, die Video- & Foto-Sharing-App Instagram und der Messenger WhatsApp.
Zuckerberg ist Gründer und Vorstandsvorsitzender des Unternehmens Facebook Inc. und hält an diesem einen Anteil von 28 Prozent.

wiki.de

The Apprentice ist eine amerikanische Fernseh-Reality-Show, die von NBC ausgestrahlt wird. Die erste Staffel der Sendung wurde vom Januar bis April 2004 gezeigt. Die erste Staffel der Sendung wurde vom Januar bis April 2004 gezeigt. Inhalt dieser als „13-wöchiges Vorstellungsgespräch“ bezeichneten Show ist die Auswahl eines geeigneten Kandidaten für einen mit 250.000 US$ dotierten Einjahresvertrag in einem der Unternehmen von Donald Trump (kennt man ja, Milliardenschwerer Unternehmer)
In wöchentlichen Folgen werden zwei Teams mit einer Aufgabe betraut, deren Ergebnisse zum Schluss verglichen werden. Ein Mitglied des verlierenden Teams wird dann üblicherweise mit den in den USA mittlerweile geflügelten Worten „You're fired!“ (Du bist gefeuert!) aus dem Team entlassen und nach Hause geschickt. Moderator der Sendung ist der amerikanische Immobilienmogul Donald Trump selbst.

wiki.de

Laurel und Hardy waren ein US-amerikanisches Komiker-Duo, das aus Stan Laurel und Oliver Hardy bestand. 1921 sowie zwischen 1926 und 1951 drehten sie zusammen 106 Filme, Gastauftritte mit eingerechnet.
wiki.de

Imelda Romuáldez Marcos ist eine ehemalige philippinische First Lady. Imelda Marcos, eine ehemalige Schönheitskönigin, war von 1954 bis zu seinem Tod 1989 die Ehefrau von Ferdinand Marcos, dem 10. Präsidenten der Philippinen.
wiki.de

A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960 is a book written in 1963 by Nobel Prize–winning economist Milton Friedman and Anna J. Schwartz. It uses historical time series and economic analysis to argue the then novel proposition that changes in the money supply profoundly influenced the US economy, especially the behavior of economic fluctuations. The implication is that monetary policy should control the money supply. Economic historians see it as one of the most influential economics books of the century.[1]
wiki.de
(Friedman: Milton Friedman war ein US-amerikanischer Wirtschaftswissenschaftler, der fundamentale Arbeiten auf den Gebieten der Makroökonomie, der Mikroökonomie, der Wirtschaftsgeschichte und der Statistik verfasste.) Wiki.de

Gary Evan Crosby (* 15. Juni[1] 1933 in Los Angeles; † 24. August 1995 in Burbank, Kalifornien) war ein US-amerikanischer Schauspieler, der zeitweilig auch als Jazzsänger aktiv war.

Er ist der Sohn von

Harry Lillis „Bing“ Crosby (* 3. Mai 1903 in Tacoma, Washington; † 14. Oktober 1977 in Madrid) ;  US-amerikanischer Sänger und Schauspieler. Mit seiner Bassbariton-Stimme gilt Crosby als einer der erfolgreichsten US-Sänger des 20. Jahrhunderts, sein wohl bekanntestes Lied ist White Christmas.

"When You and I Were Young, Maggie" is a famous folk song, popular song and standard. "Maggie" has been re-scored as "When You and I Were Young, Maggie Blues", by Jack Frost and Jimmy McHugh. Mills Music Inc. published this edition in 1922, and again in 1949 with Guy Lombardo's picture on the cover. This was a 1951 hit for father and son Bing Crosby and Gary Crosby

wiki.de

Neue Häs:

Zitat:LOGAN: It's a web-based, interactive-media platform. This guy in Austin created it. And it's amazing, and fast, and so easy to use, that even I can use it. The idea is to build on the web presence we have and then turn into ourselves into a user-generated media hub where the members can share videos, articles, ideas anything.

Zitat:RORY: Here's this. I also found a bunch of his albums -- Bobby Short singing Cole Porter, a couple of his favorite Gershwin ones -- "Rhapsody in Blue" and "An American in Paris" -- also a couple of Scott Joplin records, although Scott Joplin might be a little zazzly for the hospital.
LOGAN: Yeah, I don't know what their policy about ragtime is.
RORY: Oh, I also found "Chuck Berry at the Fillmore," which I gave him for his 60th birthday. Also, a little Schubert and Debussy, which should be nice and relaxing. Although I didn't find the Bing Crosby album I wanted. It's with his son Gary. It's this song called "When You and I were Young, Maggie Blues." And when grandpa hears it he sings along and says, "I always wanted to be a crooner."

Zitat:LORELAI: Hi, Chris, it's me again. Uh... I'm at the hospital now, and, um, it was a heart attack, but dad's okay. He's just getting some tests. So, um...we're in the C.I.C.U. At John Skinner Medical Center. It's on the first floor, and there's a red stripe running down the hallway. Just please call me when you get this, okay? Thanks. [Lorelai ends the call and sits with Rory, exhales sharply] Wow.

Zitat:RORY: You know who's gonna be mad at me? Paris. Because right now, I'm missing a G.R.E. Prep course and tea with the Branford librarian.