Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt

4x05 Diskussion der Hä's

Anspielungen in Episode 4x04:

Zeige Spoiler

Zitat:FRED: I asked if he had a ten-foot ladder.
SUSIE: Okay.
FRED: But I didn't ask that when I hired my tax guy or the girl to get my brother laid after his divorce. You don't need a ladder for those jobs.
SUSIE: Fred, did you ever hire anybody at William Morris in a professional, show-business capacity?
FRED: Not per se.

Zitat:MIDGE: I just can't get my checkbook to balance, - and it's driving me crazy.
ROSE: What's going on?
ABE: Nothing. Miriam can't balance her checkbook.
ROSE: Why on earth would you have her doing that - in the middle of the night, Abe?
ABE: I live in a Dr. Seuss book.

Zitat:ABE: And this is what you're getting paid for selling all that Tupperware?
MIDGE: It's no way to get rich, but I did win an aquarium. Which has been surprisingly expensive to maintain. I sold the most pastel Wonderliers in my region.

Zitat:ABE: I'll forgive your mother in the morning. For God's sake, the woman owns a Chanel sleep mask.

Zitat:JOEL: Looks like it's gonna be four debates.
MEI: Kennedy-Nixon?
JOEL: He's such a creep.
MEI: Which one?
JOEL: Nixon. Mei.
MEI: They both have skeletons.

Zitat:JOEL: Ethan wants one of these Etch A Sketch things, but they're $2.99, and he'll break it in, like, a day.
MEI: What's an Etch A Sketch?
JOEL: You draw on the screen with the knobs, then you shake it, and the picture erases.
MEI: What's the point of that?
JOEL: To teach kids that nothing lasts.

Zitat:ROSE: Hmm. Your house, my goodness, it's even more stunning than it looked in Town & Country.
Mr. MELAMID: My great-grandfather had it built in. We throw on another wing from time to time... birthdays, Hanukkah.

Zitat:MR. MELAMID: We've had a lot of schemers and gigolos who look at Lorraine and see the goose that laid the golden egg. She almost married an actor.
ROSE: Heavens.
MR. MELAMID: I got him a job on the road promoting Ford Thunderbirds.

Zitat:SUSIE: Mike Carr? Susie Myerson.
MIKE: Finally. I was about to leave.
SUSIE: You would've missed out on the meeting of a lifetime.
MIKE: When I went to a bullfight with Hemingway, that was the meeting of a lifetime.

Zitat:MIKE: She's been on every goddamn talk show in the country.
SOPHIE: I have. I've been on Sullivan nine times.
MIKE: Yeah, I heard about you being "on Sullivan."
SOPHIE: He said he was leaving his wife.

Zitat:(Entering the stage after a bubblebath-stripping-number)
MIDGE: Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble. Ooh! Everyone nice and lubricated out there?

Zitat:ROSE: I have a new matchmaking client. Solomon Melamid, of the Melamids. - Are you listening?
MIDGE: Uh-huh, Mallomars.

Zitat:ROSE: He'll read about you in the paper.
MIDGE: I doubt he reads L. Roy Dunham.
ROSE: Mr. Melamid reads everything.
MIDGE: Well, even if he does, we have different names. - Weissman, Maisel.
ROSE: L. Roy Dunham is a journalist. He will track down your identity and he will eventually print it.
MIDGE: Well, que será, será.

Zitat:MIDGE: Susie, it's Sidney Poitier
SUSIE: What? Where?
MIDGE: There, front table.
SUSIE: Wow, and he's talking to, uh, Harvey. From the movie.
MIDGE: Harvey was the rabbit. But that is Jimmy Stewart. Oh, my God, Jimmy Stewart is sexy in person.

Zitat:SUSIE: The lights are different, right?
MIDGE: Yeah, something's happening.
SUSIE: Good. I thought it was the drink. This shit has to be what killed Toulouse-Lautrec.

Zitat:SHY: And now there's someone else who wants to chime in here. You know him, you love him. It's my good friend, Mr. Harry Belafonte.

Zitat:MEI: There's birds on the top, kind of a Peter Pan collar thing.
JOEL: You look great.
MEI: You sure? I don't know. The skirt is weird, and I don't know what the bird is, and why is this a Peter Pan collar? I've seen Peter Pan, I've read Peter Pan. I don't get the connection.

Zitat:MEI: The first thing they see is the dress and the second thing they see is me, so initially I asked the lady at the shop if she had a dress with a matzo ball print, which elicited exactly the kind of response you'd think... deafening silence... so I just took this one.
JOEL: You look perfect.

Zitat:MEI: She taught me some things about Jewish culture. But it's all dumped out of my head. I had Yiddish. Now I have nothing.
JOEL: You have Jewish culture right here at your disposal.
MEI: I remember two words... "tsoris" and "gefilte fish."
JOEL: That's all you need to know.
MEI: I bought a yarmulke.
JOEL: Mei, honey, girls don't wear yarmulkes.
MEI: What? fuck.

Zitat:MIDGE: So my invitation was a mistake.
SHY: I don't know. The PR team made the guest list. Jerry Lewis wasn't invited either, if it makes you feel any better.
MIDGE: Not really.
SHY: He came anyway. Princess Grace is here. Did you see her?

Zitat:MIDGE: And look at you. A wedding, a dance, a song, - and you hardly break a sweat.
SHY: Ah. The trick's keeping the fabric on your clothes light. Nat King Cole taught me that.

Zitat:MIDGE: Are you curious? What I would've said if I'd gotten on the plane?
SHY: Something about winged monkeys?
MIDGE: I would've said that I fucked up. I fucked up like I've never fucked up anything in a life not without its fuckups. I would've said I was scared off my ass getting on that stage, and Moms Mabley went on before me.

Zitat:SHY: If I'd have let you on that plane, you would've brought Susie, and she would've tried to stab me with a cheese knife.
MIDGE: And I would have thrown myself in front of you and taken the blow. And some Brie.

Zitat:LOU: I want you to meet my associate, Ken Bruni. Ken is Shy's new agent over at MCA.
[...]
Well, we just wanted to say hello and fill you in on some exciting news.
KEN: Shy's going to be the lead in Billy Wilder's next film.[/color]

Zitat:LOU: Reggie's taken care of. Big severance. We threw him some publishing. He's buying a house in Westchester. - Everybody's happy. 
SUSIE: Oh, I bet. 'Cause when you think Reggie, you think Westchester.

Zitat:SUSIE: We're getting gift bags.
MIDGE: That's tacky. I bet there's not even anything good... Oh, my God, it's Chanel No.5.

Zitat:SUSIE: You told me, "Meet me out front."
MIDGE: There weren't any cabs out front, so I thought I'd go around the corner because I remembered that whenever I shop at Bergdorf's, I always go out the side door to grab a cab before they turn onto Fifth.
SUSIE: I got this cab on Fifth.

Zitat:MOISHE: She sounds interesting, this girl.
JOEL: She is. She's great.
MOISHE: With a lot of different sides to her. Conflicting sides.
JOEL: What?
MOISHE: Well, the other night, the first half of dinner, she was Rachel, sometime before kugel, she was Rebecca, after kugel she was Ruth. You kept them biblical.

Zitat:GORDON FORD: So, I'm gonna read them, and you are gonna say - if they are true or false.
SOPHIE: Have at it. 
SUSIE: Here we go.
GORDON: Frank Sinatra wrote a song about you.
SOPHIE: False. But it is true that I'm a tramp.

Zitat:GORDON: You punched Olivia de Havilland.
SOPHIE: She had it coming.
GORDON: You punched Humphrey Bogart.
SOPHIE: Cried harder than Olivia.

Zitat:GORDON: You once canceled a performance because you couldn't find your Seconal.
SOPHIE: Uh, no, I could find my Seconal. I just couldn't find the stage.

Zitat:FRED: I asked if he had a ten-foot ladder.
SUSIE: Okay.
FRED: But I didn't ask that when I hired my tax guy or the girl to get my brother laid after his divorce. You don't need a ladder for those jobs.
SUSIE: Fred, did you ever hire anybody at William Morris in a professional, show-business capacity?
FRED: Not per se.

Die William Morris Agency ist eine Agentur für Schauspieler und Künstler allgemein, die es bereits seit 1898 in Hollywood gibt! Sie wurde gegründet von Willliam Morris. In den 1960er Jahren vertrat sie bekannte Musiker wie die Rolling Stones, Sonny und Cher oder die Beach Boys. 2009 hat sie sich mit der Endeavor Talent Agency zu William Morris Endeavor zusammengeschlossen, seit 2017 heißt sie nur noch Endeavor.

Zitat:MIDGE: I just can't get my checkbook to balance, - and it's driving me crazy.
ROSE: What's going on?
ABE: Nothing. Miriam can't balance her checkbook.
ROSE: Why on earth would you have her doing that - in the middle of the night, Abe?
ABE: I live in a Dr. Seuss book

Wenn ich mich recht erinnere, kommt das auch in GG vor... Ah, ja, Folge 3.3:

Theodor Seuss Geisel, genannt Dr. Seuss, war ein  US-amerikanischer Kinderbuch-Autor und Cartoonzeichner, in Europa vor  allem bekannt als Erfinder des weihnachtshassenden Grinch.

Hm, mit dem Grinch hat das ja hier nichts zu tun, also so ganz verstehe ich die Anspielung nicht.

Von Wikipedia: "Grund für seinen Erfolg waren vor allem auch seine Beginner Books, die mit weniger als 250 unterschiedlichen Wörtern auskommen, aber mit aussagekräftigen und fantasievollen Illustrationen und kurzen, pfiffigen Texten das Interesse junger Leser wecken. Das erste Werk dieser Reihe war 1957 Der Kater mit Hut, das als Auftragswerk der beiden Verlage Houghton Mifflin und Random House entstand mit dem Vorsatz, ein Buch für Leseanfänger herauszubringen, das deren Fantasie nicht unterfordere und so den Einstieg in die Welt des Lesens spannend mache."

Also vielleicht macht Abe die Anspielung, weil der Dialog vorher aus kurzen Sätzen und wenigen Worten bestand, im Stil seiner Beginner Books? Was besseres fällt mir jetzt nicht ein.

Zitat:ABE: And this is what you're getting paid for selling all that Tupperware?
MIDGE: It's no way to get rich, but I did win an aquarium. Which has been surprisingly expensive to maintain. I sold the most pastel Wonderliers in my region.

Kam schon mal vor, das sind diese Tupper-Schüsseln. Und in Pastellfarben waren sie in den 50er Jahren besonders beliebt (hier kann man welche kaufen). In der einen Folge, als Midge die Tupperparty schmeißt, basteln sie doch auch Hüte daraus, sehr absurd... Hier ein Bild.

Zitat:ABE: I'll forgive your mother in the morning. For God's sake, the woman owns a Chanel sleep mask.

Der Modekonzern Chanel wurde 1913 von Gabrielle 'Coco' Chanel in der Nähe von Paris gegründet. Es ist eine Luxusmarke, die Kleidung und Accessoires herstellt.

Warum das Vergeben in Zusammenhang mit der Chanel Schlafmaske steht, verstehe ich zwar nicht, aber ich glaube, es ist nicht so wichtig... Vielleicht meint Abe, dass es Rose ja gut geht und sie keine Probleme hat, da kann er noch warten?

Zitat:JOEL: Looks like it's gonna be four debates.
MEI: Kennedy-Nixon?
JOEL: He's such a creep.
MEI: Which one?
JOEL: Nixon. Mei.
MEI: They both have skeletons.

1960 waren Präsidentsschaftswahlen in den USA mit den beiden Kandidaten John F. Kennedy (für die Demokraten) und Richard Nixon (für die Republikaner). Nixon war bereits Vizepräsident des vorigen Präsidenten Eisenhower. Bei der Wahl am 8. November gewann Kennedy knapp. Im Wahlkampf wurden zum ersten Wahl Debatten im Fernsehen zwischen den beiden Kandidaten abgehalten, was heutzutage normal ist. Es gab 1960 insgesamt 4 Debatten, die man sich auch auf You Tube anschauen kann, hier z.B. die erste vom 26. September 1960.

Joel und Mei unterhalten sich über den Wahlkampf und die vier TV-Duelle von Nixon und Kennedy.

Zitat:JOEL: Ethan wants one of these Etch A Sketch things, but they're $2.99, and he'll break it in, like, a day.
MEI: What's an Etch A Sketch?
JOEL: You draw on the screen with the knobs, then you shake it, and the picture erases.
MEI: What's the point of that?
JOEL: To teach kids that nothing lasts.

Hier auch mal wieder ein Crossover mit Gilmore Girls, da hatte doch TJ ein Etch A Sketch, worüber sich Luke aufregt: "He's a grown man with an etch a sketch!" Smile

Etch A Sketch (auf deutsch auch Zaubertafel genannt) ist ein Spielzeug, das am 12. Juli 1960 auf den Markt gebracht wurde. Man kann darauf Bilder zeichnen und danach wieder entfernen. Später konnte man einfach mit einem speziellen Stift zeichnen (Etch A Sketch Freestyle), damals war es noch etwas komplizierter: es gab zwei Knöpfe, die man drehen musste und horizontale und vertikale Linien zu produzieren (in diesem Video wird genauer erklärt, wie es funktioniert). Durch Schütteln kann das Bild einfach wieder entfernt werden. Es kostete damals tatsächlich nur $2.99 (wäre heute $27). Der/die/das (?) Etch A Sketch war super erfolgreich mit 600.000 Verkäufen im ersten Jahr. Heute gibt es sogar Künstler, die darauf Bilder produzieren und verkaufen. Hier z.B. ein Video, wie jemand ein Portrait von Michael Jordan zeichnet.

Zitat:ROSE: Hmm. Your house, my goodness, it's even more stunning than it looked in Town & Country.
Mr. MELAMID: My great-grandfather had it built in. We throw on another wing from time to time... birthdays, Hanukkah.

Town & Country ist eine monatliche Zeitschrift, die älteste "Lifestyle" Zeitschrift in den USA. Es gibt sie seit 1846! Ursprünglich hieß sie "The National Press", danach "The Home Journal", bevor sie dann den immer noch gültigen Titel im Jahre 1901 bekam. Am Anfang bestand die Zeitschrift aus Gedichten und Essays. Dann später wurde es eher Tratsch und Klatsch der High Society.

Hannuka, auch Lichterfest genannt, ist ein wichtiges Fest im Judentum: Es findet an acht Tagen im November oder Dezember statt und erinnert an die Wiedereinweihung des zweiten Tempels in Jerusalem.

Rose hat über Mr. Melamids Haus in der Zeitschrift Town & Contry gelesen bzw. Bilder gesehen. Das Haus ist anscheinend riesig und zu wichtigen Festen wird manchmal ein neuer Gebäudeteil hinzugefügt.

Zitat:MR. MELAMID: We've had a lot of schemers and gigolos who look at Lorraine and see the goose that laid the golden egg. She almost married an actor.
ROSE: Heavens.
MR. MELAMID: I got him a job on the road promoting Ford Thunderbirds.

'The Goose that laid the golden egg' ist eine Fabel von Aesop: ein Bauernpaar hatte eine Gans, die jeden Tag goldene Eier legt. Da sie dachten, dass das Gold in der Gans sein muss, töteten sie und schnitten sie auf, um das Gold herauszuholen. Die Moral der Geschichte richtet sich an dumme Leute, die ihre eigenen Resourcen aus Unwissenheit vernichten. 1950 gab es auch eine Art Comic-Version der Geschichte unter dem Titel 'Golden Yeggs', mit Duffy Duck und Porky Pig.

Der Ford Thunderbird war ein beliebtes Auto, das von 1955 bis 1957 gebaut wurde. Er ist ein Klassiker und symbolisiert (laut Wikipedia) die 1950er und 1960er Jahre der USA. Hier ein Bild (hm ja, würde mir auch gefallen!).

Viele Männer wollen Melamids Tochter heiraten, weil sie aus einer reichen Familie stammt und sozusagen auch 'goldene Eier' legt.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste