Letters to you (JJ)

hi guys!

so, here comes the next part.... hope you gonna like it. Have fun...

Chapter 3: Silent night, lonely night

An empty room can be so deafening. The silence makes you wanna scream. It drives you crazy.
I chased away the shadows of your name and burned the picture in a frame.
But it couldn’t save me.

Luke stood in his bedroom, looking around. He had gotten rid of everything that reminded him of her. Now he stood in a practical empty room. It was when he realized that he couldn’t stay here, live here, without her. The silence around him screamed her name. It was better with Rory staying with him but she had to get back to Yale, and Luke knew that after almost three months without a word, without a letter, just without any sign at all, he had to move on. He hadn’t imagined it to be so hard. The day before, he had worked for the first time. Although the townspeople were really happy about the re-opening of Luke’s, they shot him contemptuous looks all the time. He wasn’t able to stand it long and left Lane in charge to go home.
But he didn’t find peace there, either. Everything reminded him of Lorelai. So he began to put all her belongings into boxes. And now he was standing there, feeling just as empty as the room was.

He was exhausted. He hadn’t slept that night. But, in fact, he was glad about that. Every night, in every dream, he saw Lorelai standing by the front-door, smiling and saying that she was just joking to leave like that. And every night Luke woke up, his PJs soaked and wet, with a feeling in his gut that life would never be like it had been, that she would never come back.
Slowly, he went to the cupboard, opened the top drawer and picked up the pieces of Lorelai’s letter. He didn’t know how often he had already read it. Searching for something, for a sign. But all over again, he found himself disappointed. There was nothing. But still – he just couldn’t throw it into a box like the all the other things. It was his lifeline. The only sign that she was alive. It was a weak link, Luke knew that, but it was a link...

The doorbell diverted his thoughts. Actually, Luke wasn’t in a mood to invite somebody into his house, or even into his life but nevertheless, he went downstairs and opened the door.
"Merry Christmas, Luke!"
Luke was astonished. In front of him stood a bunch of people, including Rory, Mia, Patty, Babette, Morey, Kirk – even Taylor was there. But the greatest surprise of all was his nephew, Jess. He hadn’t seen him since his and Lorelai’s wedding. But Luke was very proud of him. He always had been thinking that Jess would never achieve anything in life but he had proved him wrong. He was now a well-known author of short stories. Even Luke had read every single one of them.
Now, Jess came to approach to him, gave him a long hug and whispered,
"I’m sorry... and merry Christmas, uncle Luke."
"Ah, you know, I hate that uncle stuff."
"Yes, I know. That’s the fun", Jess answered and grinned imperceptible.
It weighed hard upon him, seeing his uncle like that and he really felt sorry for him and Rory. He hadn’t always been best friends with Lorelai but she meant so much to both of them. And Jess cared about them, so Lorelai was important to him, too.

"What are you doing here, folks?", Luke finally asked confused.
"Well, Luke", Taylor began, "It’s Christmas. And nobody should be alone on Christmas."
"Christmas?", Luke thought, "I have totally forgotten about it."
"But...", he began but Patty cut him off.
"Didn’t you hear, Luke? Nobody. And especially not you, loner!"
With those words, she shuffled Luke aside and went into the house, closely followed by the rest of the gang.
Only Rory stayed outside, hugged him and gave him a present, wicked in a Hello-Kitty paper.

"Merry Christmas, Dad."
Luke looked up. Rory had never called him Dad before. Although he felt like her father, it kind of surprised him and for the first time in three months something similar to a smile appeared on his face. But then his thoughts reached Lorelai again and tears were rising into his eyes like many times before but he tried to hide them from her, so he once again hugged her and said,
"Thanks. And sorry. I don’t have a present for you. I totally forgot about that whole Christmas thing."
"It’s okay. Just promise me not to leave me, too."
"Okay, I promise."
Luke embraced her even tighter, then said,
"Come on, let’s go inside to join the others."
All in all, they day went pretty well. They people really tried to cheer Luke up and indeed, Luke, who normally hated these kinds of events, forgot about the hole inside his heart for a few hours.
Late afternoon arrived and Rory, Jess and Luke were the only ones left. They sat in silence around the kitchen table. Each of them deep in thoughts, not knowing really about what things to talk.
Luke and Jess never had been Oprah like talkers but even Rory was striking silent over the day. Finally, she opened her mouth and stated,
"You haven’t opened your gift, yet."
She stood up, fetched it and once again handed it to Luke.
"Thanks, kiddo."
Slowly, he unwrapped the paper and a small book was falling out of it. It was a photo collector. Luke opened it and looked at the pictures. Rory had made some kind of a biography of him. Pictures when he was a little kid, pictures of him in high-school, his graduation...
As he reached the last pages, his heart became heavier. Following a photo of him and Jess was a picture of Liz’ wedding. Him and Lorelai dancing. A picture of their wedding...
Luke reached the end of the book. Rory had left him a note on the last page.
Just never lose faith...
Luke looked up. Again, his eyes became dewy.
"Thank you, Rory."
Then, he stood up and said,
"Are you mad, if I leave you for a few minutes? I need some alone time."
"No, course not", Jess answered politely and looked closely at him.
Luke got dressed into his jacket and went outside. Standing on the patio, he first breathed deeply and stretched. Then, a van caught his eyes. It came driving towards his house. Looking closer, Luke recognized the company. It was UPS.
The driver stopped, got out of his van and approached to Luke.
"Merry Christmas", he said a little bit grumpy, obviously angry about working on an holiday.
"You Luke Danes?"
Luke nodded, "Yes, I am."
"Alright, I have an urgent letter for you."
With those words, he handed Luke the letter, tipped shortly on his UPS cap, got back to his car and drove away.
Stupefied, Luke watched the van disappearing out of sight and then focused on the piece of paper he was holding in his hands.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

meiiiiner!!!
fb morgen, muss langsam ins bett...

I'm feeling lonely but what can you do?
It's only when its dark I'm thinking of you.

(Fallulah)

ZWEITER !!! :freu:

Ah, I've got goosebumps ^^ I really, really liked that opening but well, I like the whole chapter als well. Actually, I'm suffering with him ... my Luke, he really didn't deserve it. Just wondering if you really suffer like that if you're left by someone you love that much... hope I'll never have to find out. What I want to say is that you've portrayed Luke's feelings and pain in an amazing, realistic way that hunts a shiver down my spine ^^ Gawsh, he even forgot about christmas Eek How can you do that? It's so annoying that it's unevitable NOT to notice it (sorry, I'm not a big fan of christmas).

Nice cliffhanger again, kinda what I was hoping for Big Grin Well, I guess it's clear who rote that letter .... where the f*** is she hiding and why and what's in that letter! Tell me, I beg you, tell me!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:herz: Verlobt mit Carö ~ cause we are meant to be :herz:

WOW! Toll! Bitte bitte schnell weiter!
Von wem ist der Brief? Ich muss es wissen! Ist er von Lorelai? Und was ist mit ihr! Schnell weiter! Danke!!! momo

I never thought it could hurt so much!!

CEDRIC LUKE BEJAMIN...
da is dein vollständiger name wieder :lach:

Wie konntest du nur???
Gah Ced... Deine Cliffhanger bringen mich irgendwann nochmal um.
Du machst es immer so scheiße spannend -.-

aber das kapitel war toll...
Das sie alle gekommen sind um mit Luke christmas zu feiern... have yourself a merry little christmas *träller* (mir geht der song nich mehr aussm kopf -.-)
ok back zum thema...
ich fan das so klasse, dass sie alle gekommen sind...
und als Rory ihn DAD genannt hat Wub
Mensch die tun mir alle so leid...

los los husch husch schreib schneeeeeeeeeelll weiter!!!

hdl Jule

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Edward: "You're the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever."
Bella&Edward

so, jetzt gibt es reFBs:

@Tina: No worries, gute besserung...

@Maxi: thx... how could you not like Christmas? Simply can't understand itBig Grin ....

@Momo: thx to you, too. next parts coming soon...

@Jule: thx fuer das wie immer tolle FB!! ich soll schnell weiter schreiben? well, I hope tomorrow you'll get a new one...

ah yes, what I wanted to say,
@Jule & Tina: See? There is actually someone who likes my cliffhangers.....thx Maxi Wink

love,
Ced

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

okay, here's the next part, sorry for posting it later than I thought, but my computer was broken....

alright,

Chapter 4: It's the little things that can mean enough

As he read the address, his heart missed a beat. This handwriting was familiar. Very familiar...
Luke breathed hard, gripped the banisters of the patio and slowly reached down to sit on the stairs. He just couldn’t believe what he saw.
It wasn’t possible. Impossible...
Why after all this time?
Luke kept on sitting there, just staring at the envelope, unable to open it. Too many thoughts swirled around his head.
What if it was a goodbye-letter? What if she claimed that she never really had loved me?

Finally, Luke realized that he had to open it to discover what she had written. But nevertheless, he needed a few more moments. He closed his eyes, breathed deeply, opened his eyes again and then slowly began to read.

Dear Luke,
I know it is very lame to just write a letter. But I couldn’t stick it out anymore, knowing that I have left you and Rory clueless behind. I just want to say that I’m okay, that you don’t have to worry. And that you shouldn’t pine yourself because it has nothing to do with you.
Luke, I love you. Like you said, always have and always will. Because everytime I was down, I always knew that you could make it right and that’s what makes you larger than life.
Just always remember, I love you.
Lorelai

PS. Have yourself a merry little Christmas

Luke breathed rather relieved but his uneasy feeling didn’t fade. It seemed like she was fine, at least she was not dead. Luke felt an heavy burden falling down his shoulders, his heart.
But nevertheless, this letter somehow didn’t help him at all. There was nothing new in it. Nothing about her whereabouts, about her reason to leave...
Her words made him feel even worse because she stated that she loved him. If so, why did she leave then? If he could always make it right, why didn’t she asked him to?
Luke still was completely clueless. If she’d only told him where she was...
"Luke? Whatcha doing here? It’s freezing."
Jess’ voice startled him and Luke turned around. Jess and Rory stood behind him, looking concerned. Then Jess noticed the letter in his uncle’s hands.
"What’s this?", he pointed at the piece of paper.
Luke didn’t answer immediately. He first had to search for words. He still was too overwhelmed by the feelings deep inside of him.
"It’s a letter. A letter from... from... from Lorelai", he finally stammered.

Silence.
Slowly, very slowly, Rory and Jess grasped those news.
"What does it say?", Jess finally managed to say, stepped forwards and snitched Luke the letter out of his hands.
Rory, on the other hand, hadn’t moved at all. She was shock-frozen, her face pale, her normally blue eyes had turned into black. A fearful black.
Finally, she found her words. Her expression still motionless, she asked,
"It’s not a farewell-letter, is it?"
Luke just shook his head, "No, I don’t think. She’s saying that she’s fine."
Luke stood up and hugged her. After a little while, Rory let go off him and reached for the letter Jess was handing to her. Quickly, she read it over and the expression on her face changed into more relieved ways.
"She’s... she’s fine?", she mumbled after a few moments, looking from Jess to Luke.
Jess shrugged, then said, "Guess so."
Again, silence.
Then something seemed to pop into Rory’s mind.
"Where’s the envelope? The stamp will show us, where she is..."
But Luke just sadly shook his head. Slowly and silently, he said one single word:
"UPS."

The hope on Rory’s face vanished as fast as it came, gloom had shuffled it aside...
After a few moments, she slowly lead the other two back into the house and sat down at the kitchen-table and Jess followed her example. Luke, on the other hand, decided to go upstairs into his bedroom. He sat down at the desk and read the letter again. Once again, rage climbed up his body. He wanted to hit something. Really hard. But he thought better. He searched for a paper and a pencil and without even knowing why he did so, because there was no chance that she ever would receive it, he began to write a letter.

Dear Lorelai,
I don’t know, why I’m writing this. But right now, I’m very angry. I’m angry at you. At me. At the world. So now, I really have to do something to not become crazy. That’s why I’m writing this, you know.
Rory and me are fine. At least okay. We live. But we miss you madly.
You know, when I’m asleep I only dream of you.
Cut to the chase, your pretty face. I would search everywhere for you. But you’re out of space, leaving no trace.
Why, Lorelai, why?
I just don’t get it. And that’s what makes me angry. You could have talked to me. But now, time’s standing still and another day gets brushed away. I still can’t get my head around you. I can’t bare to be without you.
But I have to because you quit something we never even tried and you just don’t tell me why. I mean, we built this thing up, Lorelai, and now I have to watch it fall. But you just walked away.
But I want to thank you, too.
Just for writing this letter. Although, it doesn’t say anything, it helped Rory and it helped me. I’m still clueless but you gave me something.
A something that tells me, you’re alive.
A something that tells me, you care about Rory and me.
I love you, Lorelai, no matter what you’ve done.
Luke

Luke folded the letter and put it - together with Lorelai’s - into the top drawer, then he went to bed. He was exhausted and fell asleep immediately. But there was one thing, he thought of last.
Since two hours, tomorrow was a day again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

platzhalter...FB kommt sofort... ich muss nur eben mein badezimmerfenster schließen, bevor der Wind es noch aus den Angeln reißt...

Ok...wieder da... Leute ich hab Angst!!!
MEin badezimmer fenster war NUR auf Kipp und ich kam kaum ins badezimmer rein... Die Tür ließ sich kaum öffnen, so windig is es draußen. Und wenn man unten im Wintergarten is, hat man das Gefühl, der Wind würd das Dach abdecken *verängstigt in decke einmummel*

OK zu deinem Kapitel Ced...
Ich fand das kapiii sooo toll...
Lores brief... *schnüff* Mensch, ich will wissen, was los is...warum is sie weg, wenn sie Luke doch liebt und wenn sie doch selbst sagt, dass Luke always can things make right?
Zitat:PS. Have yourself a merry little Christmas

awww...du hast einen meiner lieblings christmas songs mit eingebaut *hug* have yourself a merry little christmas. Let your heart be light From now on your troubles will be out of sight, yeah.... Wub

und dann *schnüff* der brief den Luke an sie schreibt... oh man... *tränen wegwisch* der war sooo schön.
Wenn sie ihn doch nur lesen könnte.
Aber ich versteh Luke... wenn ich wütend bin, dann schreib ich auch manchmal briefe oda so, nur um mich abzureagieren...

Wirklich wirklich schönes Kapi Ced!

hdl *hug*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Edward: "You're the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever."
Bella&Edward

ZWEITER!!!! :freu:

Zitat:Luke, I love you. Like you said, always have and always will. Because everytime I was down, I always knew that you could make it right and that’s what makes you larger than life.

Zitat:Just always remember, I love you.

Ok, so why did you leave him then? I'm confused :confused: cuz I still don't see any reason why she left him and Rory behind and just vanished. And why is she writing those letters all the time? If she misses him, well, she should go back then, right?

Zitat:A something that tells me, you care about Rory and me. I love you, Lorelai, no matter what you’ve done.

I just love that letter, it's amazing! Luke is doing the right thing and he can be mad because of all those things. It's good that he reassures her that he'll always love her no matter what. Maybe that'll help to get her back or at least to gain her trust a bit. I can't even imagine what she could have done (except for sleeping with a certain person).... But now I'm overthinking it, your FF reminds me of "Call my name and save me" .... *think* Well, I'm desperately waiting for the next chapter!

Love,
Maxi

I hate that quoting device Motz

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:herz: Verlobt mit Carö ~ cause we are meant to be :herz:

Oh letters! I love letters!
Schönes Kapitel! Ich möchte so gerne wissen, was mit Lorelai los ist! Bin doch so neugierig! Bitte bitte sag mir was los ist!
Keep going! momo

I never thought it could hurt so much!!

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste