Grey's Anatomy Season IV by Katie (und nicht by Shonda!)

[Bild: ee21213d25b07e3650358d8cd952f4a7.gif]

Dankedankedanke <3 Gleich 3faches FB, das ist ja wunderprächtig! Und dann auch noch so tolles Big Grin Ich bin gerade so motiviert, dass ich Teil II am liebsten jetzt fertig schreiben würde, aber ich hab schon Kopfschmerzen von dem vielen Denken, deswegen muss das noch wenigtens bis morgen warten.

In der Zwischenzeit würde ich mich über noch mehr FB (jajaja, ich weiß, ich bin auch nie zufrieden :o ) seeehr freuen.

Keep 'em coming! Wink

"i believe that we can be extraordinary together... rather than ordinary apart."

Part II

The words hit her like a hammer. I’m Lexie, Lexie Grey, they echoed in her head.

Lexie Grey.
Her father’s daughter. Her father’s other daughter. The daughter he loved. The daughter he celebrated Christmas with. The daughter who had been able to cry for daddy at night when she had a nightmare.
Not the daughter he used to ignore. Not the daughter he blamed for his wife’s death. Not the daughter he had slapped in the face.
Lexie Grey was her intern.
Her suck-up.
Her half-sister was her freaking suck-up!
Hello!?

Where the hell is the next closet to hide?

“I… I can’t do this now, I’m sorry.”

She was bad at the family thing. Every time she had tried to do something… family-ish, it had turned into a complete disaster.
So she did what she was good at.
Avoiding.
No talking.
Walking away.

“Meredith, please, can we… can we just talk?” Unfortunately, Lexie seemed having set her mind on the talking thing. Now, she hurried after Meredith and took hold of her arm before she could step into the ER. She did not let go of it while she was talking. “Maybe after work?”

Meredith hesitated. What was she supposed to do? Was there some kind of “How do I treat my half-sister whose mother I may have killed by accident” handbook?
Of course she could just… go. Turn around and go. Go through this door and work.
But going simultaneously would mean avoiding. And seriously…
… there were too many people to avoid by now!
Derek. She had to avoid Derek because of… well, it was quite obvious why she had to avoid him.
And Dr Webber. God, she so had to avoid Dr Webber… Because he wanted to be her freaking fake daddy. Just because he’d had a slutty fling with her mother thousands of years ago, he thought he was supposed to have an eye on her. God, that was the last thing she needed right now. Another fake daddy.
Then there was Burke, certainly. Burke was an ass. She did not know where exactly he was, she has not seen him during the last days. But he had to come back some day. And then, she did not want to be present because she was quite sure that Cristina would kill him. No… first, she would rip his head off… then she would break every single bone in his body… and then she would kill him. Yes, that would be very Cristina. And because of that, she didn’t want to be present when Burke showed up. Because then, she would be forced to bear witness against Cristina, her person, in court. And then, Cristina would be send to prison for God knows how long and she would be here, avoiding Derek, avoiding Dr Webber, avoiding Burke, avoiding Lexie.
No. Not an option at all.

Definitely too many people to avoid already.

“Okay.” Meredith closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “Meet me at Joe’s. At 6:30.”

Lexie seemed more than satisfied. She did a little hop and for a second, Meredith thought she would even hug her. But she just smiled from ear to ear.

“I’ll be there.”

Meredith forced a brief smile. “Great.” That was all she could say right now. Instead, she was about to turn around when…

“And Meredith…?” Lexie added, causing her to freeze.

“Huh?”

She slightly blushed and lowered her head, but the words coming out of her mouth were quite clearly to catch. “Thank you.”

In the hospital (gallery)

Cristina peeked through the crack of the door, sighing with relief when she found it empty. She sat down on one the bench in front of the huge window, eyes bent on the two doctors in the OR who sewed up their patient already.

Numb.

That’s what she felt. Numbness. Just like the poor guy at the operating table down there.
Numb. Drugged. Anesthetized.
No fiancé. Who cares? No wedding. Who cares? No eyebrows. Who. Fucking. Cares.
Absently, she drew her knees closer to her body and wrapped her arms around her legs.
Burke had left her. Why? Because he was a chicken. Chicken shit. She snorted contemptibly. And he had put everything on her. But you don't want to do this, he had said.
Chicken shit!
She let Mama took her eyebrows for… For what? Nothing at all.
Burke had left her.
Numbness.
The door swung open. Cristina didn’t bother to turn around. She knew exactly who just entered the room. She shivered. The aura had changed. Into something… cold.
Bailey sat down next to her. For a moment, she pretended to watch the end of the surgery below. Cristina shifted around on her chair, expecting some kind of blow-up. But Bailey’s voice was calm and soft.

“Seems that they didn’t have any problems down there.” she said, eyes still on the happenings in the OR.

“Yep.” Cristina replied, staring at her lap.

They sat there in silence for some more seconds until Bailey finally turned to face her.

“Go home, Yang.” Though she was still not screaming and shouting and all, Cristina knew she would not allow any protest. And yet…

“I’m fine.” She took a deep breath. “I’m just… studying. Like I’m supposed to do. Plus, I’m fine.”

“Yang…”

“No!” Cristina shouted and jumped to her feet. “I. Am. Fine. I’m cheerful! How wouldn’t I? My ex-fiancé blew my ex-wedding off and my ex-mother-in-law took my ex-eyebrows. But hey, apparently I never really wanted to marry him so why on earth should I be not fine? I don’t need to be treated like some abandoned wifey, not from my friends and not from you! All I need is to do my job, watch and learn and cut open and do… surgeon things. I really need to do that!”

“Yang…” Now, Bailey raised her voice and got to her feet as well, towering to her full height of five feet. But it was still enough to make Cristina cringe.

“And I think I will go home now.” she said, looking like a kicked puppy, and without another word she hurried past Bailey towards the door. When she had fully disappeared, Bailey still glared at the door that slightly swung in its hinges.
Cristina Yang was not fine. She was just too proud to admit.

In the hospital (MRI scanner)

“Ms Clark, please lie still, okay?”

Izzie was standing in front of the computer in the small, separated room, waiting for it to show her an image of Maggie’s breasts. She was talking to her through the intercom in a calm, soothing voice, trying to relax her.

“We’re almost done.”

Finally, the computer started to build up a magnetic resonance image of Maggie’s inside. Izzie sat down on the swivel chair, her eyes darting over the monitor, analyzing. For a moment she just stared at the picture, stared in disbelief. Her stomach contracted.

“Damn it.” whispered she just when Mark entered the room, sipping on his mocha latté.

“Dr Stevens, this is nothing I like to hear before a surgery, you know.” he replied and positioned himself behind her, looking at the screen that still showed them a clear scan of their patient’s breasts. “Damn it!”

“The cancer is rampant. Her right breast is affected, too. Why haven’t they noticed earlier?” Izzie sighed and leaned back in her chair.

“Well, breast carcinomas can proliferate very fast. Probably they haven’t showed up on the last MRI.”

“This is just unfair.” Izzie’s eyes were fixedly bent on the MRI scanner where Maggie slightly moved a leg or an arm from time to time. “You are told that you have breast cancer, that unfortunately, they have to remove one of your breasts and with it half of your dignity, but that there are possibilities like breast reconstruction… But before they could start to make you look like a desirable woman again, your nascent hope is like… burnt down again.” She sighed deeply. “It’s moments like this where I’d rather be a kindergarten teacher.”

“Life is a bitch sometimes, Stevens.” Mark said, still hovering behind her, his hands propped on the back of the chair.

Izzie turned around and looked at him with doe eyes. “What do we do now? I mean, can we perform surgery?”

Mark shook his head. “No, I don’t think so. Who’s her oncologist?”

Izzie took a look at the medical file lying on the desk in front of her. “Dr Gellar.” she said.

“I gonna talk to him about her further treatment.” He straightens himself and turned around towards the door. His hand on the handle, he stopped and looked back at her. “And Stevens?”

“Yeah?”

“Sometimes for men it’s more than two breasts that makes a woman desirable.” Saying this, he finally left, leaving Izzie staring at the door, a thankful smile on her lips.

In the hospital (ER)

“Holy mother of brainless baby bikers!”

Ethan gazed around in disbelief at the sight of the couple of dozens people in the room, most of them still dressed in their biker junk. They were surrounded by a giant hubbub of voices, screaming and shouting and moaning from every side.
Meredith patted him on the shoulder.

“Told ya.” she said with a sigh. “Go and see where you can help. Disinfecting, patching up and stuff like that. I’m afraid you can’t just tie them up to the gurney, so if they refuse to stay longer than necessary, make them sign the papers and let them go.”

“Whooa, this is so much blood! Everywhere.” Emily hopped up and down excitedly. “I feel like Vlad the Impaler in bloodlust or something.”

“And like I said,” Meredith added with a grin on her face, “Some of them are probably incredibly importunate and cocky, so watch it!”

“I wouldn’t mind.” Emily shrugged and a mischievous smile appeared on her lips. “Bikers are soooo hot!” Absently, she tugged at Lexie’s sleeve who just playfully rolled her eyes.

Meredith chuckled. “But your bosses would not be very happy if they saw you making out with patients, trust me.”

She felt sudden pain somewhere near her heart, as it seemed. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Breathe in, breathe out. She chose right. Breathe in. She was fine. Breathe out.
Except her heart was not.

Fortunately, her interns were too busy to notice her little mental breakdown. They were still chatting about whether bikers are hot, and it seemed as if Emily was about to win.

“C’mon Lex, they are like sex on a stick.” She giggled. “Or sex on a bike.”

“You can have ‘em all.” Lexie replied. “Some days ago I met a guy at The Emerald City Bar, dark hair, very handsome… That’s what I call yummy!” She shivered adoringly.

There was something on Lexie’s description that made her hair stand on edge. Dark hair. Very handsome. Just two features that possibly fit on half of the inhabitants of Seattle. And yet. Dark hair. Derek. Very handsome. Absolutely Derek.
Derek, Derek, Derek.
Derek met a woman and flirting with her was the highlight of his week.
Lexie met a guy. Dark hair. Handsome.
Derek.

God wouldn’t call this fun, would he?

She had no time thinking about it because someone spun her around and placed his lips on hers. She was taken by surprise but once she recognized the pair of twinkling green eyes, she managed to break away.

“Viper!”

“Told ya you’d see me again babe.” Viper licked his lips and grinned at her mischievously.

“I’d rather not!” She flashed her eyes at him. “Don’t tell me you’d been stupid enough to try to kill yourself again, after what happened last year.”

“Naah.” He shook his head no and pointed to his left where a doctor was taking care of a young man with a laceration on his right knee. When he noticed them looking at him, he raised both of his thumbs in the air. “My buddy’s not been so lucky today. Clashed with a mailbox.” He waved back at his friend and Meredith shook her head in disbelief.

“I will never get why grown-up men behave like little boys sometimes.” She wrinkled her eyebrows, causing Viper to guffaw.

“Don’t bother your gorgeous head about it, darling. It’s more thrilling this way, isn’t it?” He winked at her and looked at his friend who seemed to be done. “Gotta go now.” He turned around and walked away after he had blown her a kiss. “See ya next year, babe.”

“For your sake I hope not! Again!”

In the hospital (cafeteria)

“Callie scheduled our sex!”

George dropped into the empty chair next to Meredith, holding a piece of paper towards her face.

“I got a sex schedule!”

“Congratulations. I got an intern who actually is my half-sister.” Meredith poked her fork at a tomato, but it sprang away as she tried to spear it and rolled over her plate. “I’d rather have a sex schedule.”

“Yeah, me too.” Alex mumbled, chewing on his pita.

George ignored him and faced Meredith instead. “You… met her?”

“Who?”

“Lexie?”

She put the fork down against her plate with a clank. “You knew?” Her voice was shrill enough to make George cringe at the sound of it.

“Well, sort of… I didn’t know she would be your intern, though. I met her in the locker room, after I got my test results. We talked a little and she said she was Lexie Grey.”

“Thanks for considering telling me, George!” She looked at him reproachfully but he just pointed at the paper in his hand.

“When, for God’s sake? I HAD TO DO SEX!” He realized his emotional outburst a little too late. The people around them went into a huddle, giggling and whispering, pointing at him from time to time.

“Dude, that was embarrassing.” Alex said, shaking his head.

“Anyway,” Meredith went on, “I have a date with her today after work. Anyone who wants to join me?” Expectantly, she looked at the two men next to her. Alex had grabbed the paper George had carelessly laid within his reach and studied it intently.

“I’m afraid George can’t. He’s gonna have sex with Callie till 7:15.”

George opened his mouth to reply on that but he was interrupted by a whispering voice from behind.

“Meredith!”

Meredith turned around and saw Cristina cowering behind a huge plant pot. She wrinkled her forehead. “May I ask what you’re doing there?”

“Hiding.” Cristina whispered back, looking around as if she expected some kind of masked men, armed to the teeth, could show up at any minute. “Is Bailey here?”

“No, she’s still in the ER.” Meredith narrowed her eyes at Cristina who now as there was no imminent danger, walked around the table and plopped into the chair next to Alex. “Why are you still here?”

“Because I can’t just sit in my apartment and stare at the wall, Meredith! I just… you know, I just can’t!” She grinded her teeth and tipped her chair back. “Plus, remember, there’s this mouse and I feel like it is watching me or something…”

Meredith took a look at her wrist. “My shift’s almost over. Wait for me at Joe’s, say at 6? We could play that game again, you know, of whose life sucks the most. Last time you were pregnant, I couldn’t win against pregnancy… but this time, this time I’m gonna win.”

“Yes, I definitely need some liquor.” Cristina said, putting her forehead on the tabletop where George had placed his sex schedule. “What the hell is this?”

George didn’t bother to snatch it from Cristina’s grip anymore. He made a whining noise and covered his face in his palms. Alex patted him on the back encouragingly.

“Dude, cheer up! At least you get some action.”

In the hospital (patient’s room)

“So, that’s it?”

Maggie lay in her bed, looking out of the window. It didn’t rain yet but the sun already became veiled in a mess of dark clouds.

“The cancer came back?”

“Yes.” Izzie said, trying very hard to sound professional and not let the emotions become rampant.

Yes. Three letters that had the ability to destroy a human’s life.
Yes, you have cancer. Yes, you might die.

“Will I lose my other breast too?” Through the reflection Izzie could see the tears welling up in Maggie’s eyes.

Yes. Maybe.

“We need to see whether the tumour is malignant, first. If that’s the case there still is the option of chemotherapy since we discovered it early enough.”

“It’s like the first time.” Maggie’s voice was weak when she spoke. “They said it was an incipient tumour, and that they could try chemo. I was confident, then. It was terrible. I can’t remember a single day where I didn’t feel like crap. Then I lost my hair.” She turned her face to Izzie and a lone tear run down her cheek. She didn’t wipe it away. “And my breast, eventually. I don’t want to go through this again.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “I want you to amputate my right breast instantly. And I want Dr Sloan to perform breast reconstruction on both sides.”

Izzie smiled softly at her. “I’ll talk to him.”

In the hospital (hallway)

6 pm. End of the work day. Meredith walked along the hallway, greeting some familiar faces here and there. She stopped in front of the elevator, pushing the button. She just wanted to leave. Leave the hospital and the patients and the doctors behind. She needed that. She needed some time where she would not have to consider if her next handle might kill a person. She really needed that.
Looking at the floor, she stepped into the elevator when the doors finally opened.

There he was. Standing leaned against the back wall. Looking tired.
Her heart skipped a beat.

“Hey.” She said, smiling weakly at him. She turned around so that he faced her back. She could not stand looking into his eyes. Not yet.

“Hey.” Derek answered, straighten himself. At the sound of his voice, her body started to shiver.

For what seemed like forever, they stood there in silence, just listening to each other’s breaths. Meredith lowered her head.

“Your hair.” she said, turning around to look at him. He tilted his head to the side, looking expectantly at her. “It’s shorter.”

He chuckled lightly. His cobalt blue eyes twinkled when he looked at her. It was still the same adoration in them, yet they were also spotted with something that could be tiredness. Or sadness, maybe.

“I needed a change.” he said.

When she noticed her eyes filling up with tears, she turned to face the door again.

Me too, she wanted to say. But in her head, it sounded ridiculous.
Because change was not what she really needed.

He let her step out first when they reached the first floor, gazing after her when she disappeared through the entrance into the dark.

MVO: A Déjà Vu experience is something scary (George lies in bed next to Callie, staring at the ceiling while she is asleep). It forces you to re-experience something you have already considered finished (Maggie is pushed into the OR). You have to deal with the same feelings (Meredith finds one of Derek’s sweaters in her wardrobe). Good ones (Mark sits down next to Derek in front of his trailer and both stare into the darkness). And bad ones (Cristina leaves her apartment, looking back over her shoulder at the mouse that is sitting next to the couch, and closes the door).
And, simultaneously, you have to deal with the problems of the here and now as well (Meredith lays down on her bed next to Cristina, wearing Derek’s sweater. Black screen, Grey’s Anatomy logo fades in).

"i believe that we can be extraordinary together... rather than ordinary apart."

Hey Katie!

Die neue "Episode" war wieder klasse!! Hab schon ganz ungeduldig drauf gewartetDolla und etz is sie endlich da!

Also ich kann im Moment noch gar nicht so richtig viel zu sagen, weil es einfach genial is... es is als würd ich Greys Anantomy im Fernsehen gucken... du triffst die Charactere einfach genau auf den Punkt! Smile Mein großes Kompliment!

Und die Szene im Aufzug am Schluss... Top Ich liebe ohnehin alle Aufzuszenen, hoffe es wird noch ein paar mehr geben und bin schon seeeeh gespannt, wie es mit Meredith und Derek weiter gehtDolla Ich glaub du hast mich süchtig gemacht Big Grin

Also mach weiter so und bitte schnell!

Viele liebe Grüße

Mia

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mitlied bei: Jess and Rorys never ending love club, JJ, Buchclub und Schreibclub/Meine FF: The right way? (lit)
Ava+Sig. by EmmaEleni :knuddelBig Grinanke Sweetie!

Hey Katie! (ich nehme mir mal einfach die Freiheit XD hoffe, das ist kein Problem)

Wow... die Folge war erstklassig Upten das hast du wirklich toll hinbekommen! :clap:

Ich finde es toll von Mer, dass sie mit Lexie reden will... endlich lauft sie nicht mehr weg vor solchen Sachen. Ich hoffe, Lexie will jetzt aber nicht ernsthaft was von Derek... Faint
Und Derek is back <333 aww, das war toll... ich hoffe, es wird wieder zwischen den beiden, ich sags dir, wenn nicht... Big Grin :pfeif:

Uii, Izzie und Mark? Da wäre ich ja nicht so abgeneigt, aber Alex... XD
Aber Mark war wirklich süß zu Izzie.

Christina tut mir so leid... Sad ich glaub ihr, dass sie Arbeiten will, im OP sein will, da lenkt sie ja von dunklen Gedanken an Burke ab.

haha, George mit seinem sex schedule ich musste so lachen *lol*

Das MVO war übrigens klasse, so toll geschrieben, hach, einfach wunderbar, besonders der Schluss, als Mer & Christina im Bett lagen und Mer Derek's Sweater anhatte... das hat mich irgendwie an die Szene in Staffel 2 beim joggen erinnert, wo Mer und Christina so nebeneinander im Gras liegen <3 Aber das war wirklich ganz ganz toll, konnte ich mir richtig vorstellen.
Also, das MVO gefiel mir am besten *gg*

Freu mich schon auf 4x02

lg, Katie

Danke ihr 2 für das liebe FB :o

Ich hoffe, dass ich jetzt am WE wenigstens die nächste Promo an den Start bringen kann. Und ich hoffe inständig, dass ich innerhalb der nächsten Woche 4.02 fertig haben werde, damit ihr noch bevor ich mich für eine Woche verabschiede etwas zum Lesen habt Big Grin
Da ich aber nicht wieder irgendwas sagen will, was ich nachher nicht halten kann, sage ich einfach: ich versuche mein Bestes, aber haut mich nicht, wenn's nix wird. Okay? :o

Smileich schummel mich auch mal dazwischen!Smile

ich hab schon mal angefangen zu lesen.....aber ich habe es nie geschafft fertig zu werden...weil ich auch vielleicht ein bisschen länger brauche um das alles so richtig zu verstehen. aber es gefällt mir (das was ich versteheWink) und hoffe das es nicht so ist, wie es jetzt ist, denn so wie es jetzt ist...ach du weißt sicher was ich meine....will gar nicht drüber reden!
freue mich, wenn es weiter geht!

okay, liebe grüße
caro

[INDENT][INDENT]

[/INDENT]

[/INDENT]

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste