How come the world won't stop turning

hey,

offensichtlich wird mein FB weniger, aber nun gut. Dieser Teil ist der vorletzte, wie gesagt, diese FF ist sehr kurz.

Danke an Anna & Anne, your thoughtful review meant a lot. thx Heart

PART 4

Possibility. A future prospect or potential. Emphasis on the word future. But where is the future? I just can’t see it. Is it really there, without you?

I turn around in my bed. I don’t want to wake up, yet. But the sun wanders up my body and finally tickles my nose, my eyes. Unwillingly I open them and slowly get up to look out my window. Outside the world is brimming with life. Flowers, birds, humans. Just everything. Once again, I feel like a stranger who doesn’t belong anywhere. I’m wondering, what I’m doing in here, when everything is going on outside. But as I’m about to open the window, I remember, why I’m inside. Alone. I don’t want to be outside. I don’t want to brim with life. I just want to brim with you.
I sigh and go down into the living-room. It’s a mess, but I couldn’t care less. I walk over to one edge. 10 boxes are standing there. I open the one standing on top. Some pictures are falling out of it. I quickly shuffle them aside. I don’t want to look at any of them. But of course, my glance reaches your face. Blue baseball cap, the fine lines on your forehead, your blue eyes, your unwillingly smile.
It hits me once again. Pain. I wanted to avoid this. I have to avoid this. I’ve tried to keep thoughts of you out of my head. And miraculously, it has worked for the last couple of days. But your face seems to be screaming at me now. Waves of pain that have lapped at me before now rear high up and wash over my head, pulling me under.
I don’t resurface for quite a time.

Once again, I’m sitting down on the cold floor, embracing myself. I desperately try to focus on different things. On anything. Just not you. But it’s impossible. I can’t think of anything that’s not related to you. I can’t even drink coffee anymore. It just screams your name. It tastes like you…

I walk into a diner. My day has been exhausting. My daughter had been crying the whole all the time, until my new best friend finally was able to shush her. She offered to take care for her for a few hours. I am relieved and in desperate need of some coffee. This is the first place that came into sight, that’s why I’m in here now. Oddly, it says ‘William’s Hardware’. But I’m not wondering about that anymore. This town is just crazy. To my disappointment, the place is packed. Lunchtime, I guess. But I don’t care. I make my way up to the counter, ordering coffee. But before I can even open my mouth, the grumpy guy behind the counter hisses,
Wait your turn.
I’m surprised by this rudeness. I haven’t expected that. So I’m following him around, being on the edge to a caffeine-frenzy. I think I’m annoying him after a little while because he suddenly turns around, grips my shoulders and puts me down to one of the vacant seats, handing me a newspaper and then strolling off again. A weird idea reaches my mind. I’m searching for pencil and ask him, when his birthday was. As I finally get my answer, I rip out the horoscope page and write something down under scorpio. As he hurries past me for the 100th time, I’m able to catch a sleeve of his odd flannel shirt and to hand him the horoscope. He still looks annoyed at first. But as he reads my writings something similar to a smile spreads across his face.
For the first time now, you look at me. I can see your blue eyes. Just like mine. They twinkle. Even your smile changes now. From a slightly curious one to a crooked smile. I have to admit, I like it. While I’m thinking about it, I don’t even realize that you already poured my cup of coffee. As you’re about to turn, I say,
I’ll be back, you know.
You don’t respond anything, but once again, you’re smile flashes.

I open my eyes. It’s dark around me. I haven’t paid attention to how long I’ve been sitting here. I feel stiff as I finally get up and sit down on the couch. Another day obviously got brushed away.
I sometimes wonder how that happens. But time obviously passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, but pass it does.

Suddenly another emotion hits me. Anger. Indescribable anger. How could anyone let this happen? How could this happen to me? I’m caught in the middle. Wrong time, wrong place and I’m hopelessly missing you. I just can’t deny that fact.
My thoughts get carried away again.

I’m sitting at the exactly same spot, watching some cooking show on TV. Suddenly my phone rings and I get up. I’ve been waiting for you to call. And I knew, you would, just like you promised. I’m happy to hear your voice. You’ve been gone for too long. We talk about nothing in particular. It’s not important anyway. All that counts is your voice. After a little while, we hang up. Beforehand, you tell me that you’ll be home tomorrow morning. I feel relief. I’ve been alone for some time now. But I get that you have to look after your nephew. It’s just who you are. But nevertheless, I’m happy I’ll get you back.
I decide to go to bed early. There’s nothing much to do anyway. I don’t know what I dream that night. But suddenly a shrill ringing wakes me. I glance at my alarm clock. It’s 3.24. Immediately, I’m alarmed. That couldn’t mean something good. I reach out for the phone. Someone, I don’t know, talks to me. His words are only whispers. But I’m able to understand him. I hear, what he’s saying. But I can’t grasp the news. It just can’t be true. You can’t be gone. You’ll be here in any second.
As I hang up the phone, I’m still in denial. I try to get up, making myself a cup of coffee. But I’m struggling to do that. I’m stumbling down the stairs, gripping the banisters, as I’m about to fall. I’m not even able to sit down on a chair, I slide off of it. I’m sitting on the cold floor now. My head is hollow. No thoughts are swirling around. I can hear my breath becoming faster. It’s hard to breathe now. Finally, air doesn’t reach me anymore. And to my relief, I can feel the first tears running down my cheeks, dripping down onto the floor. I still can’t think straight. But it’s not necessary. I know all that counts. You won’t be coming home anymore. A scream, a scream of grief escapes my lips.

I clasp my hands onto my mouth. I can’t think about that. I just can’t. Still, after half a year, it’s unbearable to think about that night. About the following days. For heaven’s sake, just to think of your name, hurts. It hurts too much. I haven’t been voicing your name for ages now. That’s my only protection right now because if I did realize that I have lost you… Love, life, meaning… over.

So, I’m trying to find your name in a world that just won’t stop turning.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
How come the world won't stop turning - von Cedric - 26.12.2007, 21:04
How come the world won't stop turning - von jeany_loverin - 26.12.2007, 21:15
How come the world won't stop turning - von Lästersis - 26.12.2007, 22:01
How come the world won't stop turning - von Lava - 26.12.2007, 22:58
How come the world won't stop turning - von ~°~°®°~°~ - 26.12.2007, 23:30
How come the world won't stop turning - von Cedric - 28.12.2007, 19:06
How come the world won't stop turning - von Lava - 28.12.2007, 21:09
How come the world won't stop turning - von Lästersis - 28.12.2007, 21:39
How come the world won't stop turning - von Aki - 29.12.2007, 00:44
How come the world won't stop turning - von Aki - 26.01.2008, 01:25