English Chatcorner II

I can't speal french...that would be a big problem :lach:

but I have a look... how long is it to germany, do you know that? ...perhaps I should have a look at map24...
522km
...yeah...it's far away... hm. but I have a look...

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Seht sie euch an, die Kleine ist doch seltsam!
Verwirrt, verträumt und ganz speziell.
[URL="http://users.livejournal.com/_myimaginary_/"]
[/URL]

Baddy schrieb:I can't speal french...that would be a big problem :lach:

but I have a look... how long is it to germany, do you know that? ...perhaps I should have a look at map24...
522km
...yeah...it's far away... hm. but I have a look...
It is sort of far away. But we got students from Asia, Australia, etc. so you wouldn't get away too badly.Big Grin

You don't have to speak French. You'll learn it at school. All of the Asian students don't speak a word of French and they're still fine. You'd study in English, so it's really okay.Smile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Everyone wants this. Everyone wants to be us..."
- The Devil Wears Prada

But isn't Switzerland damn expensive?! I've got a friend there but her parents are like millionairs. She rents a horse of for about 140€ a week and takes lessons for 30€ each! Eek
I'm just taking a break from learning history (Vormärz) Sad Tomorrow my friend and me will do role play about the generation gap and she was sick so we'll have to improvise! We did a little improvisation today and it was freckin' awesome. It's gonna be so great! Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:herz: Verlobt mit Carö ~ cause we are meant to be :herz:

Looks like people still believe that all the Swiss are rich...Rolleyes Zurich and Geneva and some other exclusive places are very expensive, yes, but only certain parts of those cities. Most of Switzerland is as normal as Germany and we are definitely not any richer than you guys.Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
- The Devil Wears Prada

It's the same with "Swiss speak 4 languages". Yes, there are 4 languages spoken in Switzerland, but not all the Swiss speak all 4 languages.
No, I'm not Swiss, but I've read an article about it a while ago^^

i actually don't know ONE single person who speaks all 4 langugages!
i only speak two of them fluently and one a tiny little bit...and the 4th? i understand some bits but that's it!
it's also that we have to learn english as well...so who the hell speaks 5 languages?

and about the expensive thing: i think switzerland is pretty expensive (i live close to the german and the french border so i can compare a bit) but i've been to london this summer and if you compare switzerland to this...it's pretty cheap around here...and it always depends on where you are; zurich is very expensive but other cities like bern or luzern are cheaper...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
When you breathe
I want to be the air for you

Yeah, everyone is always very impressed when I say that we have four language in Switzerland.Big Grin I am fluent in German (obviouslyWink ), I speak French pretty well, I know some Italian words, I know nothing at all in "Raetoromanisch". And I am fluent in English, but that doesn't count as it isn't a national language.Big Grin
I don't know anyone either who speaks all four languages and it's not really necessary, for that matter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
- The Devil Wears Prada

I have a short / little question…
Is this sentence right?
I decided me for Mali.
(Ich entschied mich für Mali. (musste mir ein land raussuchen.))
kann ich das so sagen??
Thanks in advance

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would say

"I decided for Mali"

...but I am not sure...but "me for" doesn't sound right.

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Seht sie euch an, die Kleine ist doch seltsam!
Verwirrt, verträumt und ganz speziell.
[URL="http://users.livejournal.com/_myimaginary_/"]
[/URL]

ahh ok!
thanks a lot!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 2 Gast/Gäste