English Chatcorner II

leo said "to elect" or "to plump for"

so... perhaps it would be

I elected Mali

or

I plumped for Mali

...but "decided" sounds right, as well.

The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

Seht sie euch an, die Kleine ist doch seltsam!
Verwirrt, verträumt und ganz speziell.
[URL="http://users.livejournal.com/_myimaginary_/"]
[/URL]

I would also say I decided for Mali. But it seems a little odd to me. Can't you rewrite that sentence?

edit:
well.. okay baddy ^^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sure he's an asshole... Sure he's dead... Sure I'm just imagining that he's talking. None of that stops the bastard from being absolutely right.

It depends on what comes next, Fanny. I have decided for Mali could be right too.

But plumbed sounds so plumb ^^ It always depends on the sentence but decided for sounds better. The other one sounds more like a colloquial word.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:herz: Verlobt mit Carö ~ cause we are meant to be :herz:

hey guys,

I so need your help. I just thought of the first 2 sentences for quite an important essay in school, could you approve the correctness of the following entence, because it would be pretty embarassing , having a mistake in it :o) thanks a lot

Green Day, a bitter metaphor, descrinbing the daily routine of three teenagers, full of spare energy, who just couldn´t stand the ordinary American way of life anymore.
Dissolving the mentioned metaphor, one can adhere, that it often appears in the drug slang, defining a day which primarely consists of smoking marihuana.

The appears in the drug slang sounds weird to me

sig made by gilmoregirl1994[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lol... Here a correct discussion developed. ^^
I wanna use this sentence: “I decided for Egypt.” Yes, I decided for a new country. hihi.
do you know everything about it?? please send me a pm

and... if you are thinking 'my gosh, what a terrible english' please be quiet. 'google sprachtool' helped me...
hmm...

Where is the next corner into which I can hide myself?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hey guys

actually i have nothing to write about...but i miss america...the people...the language...the atmosphere...you know...i´m really missing everything about it!
that´s why i decided to say hello to all the english-speaking people

HELLO!

i hope i didn´t make stupid mistakes...

an oh...i almost forgot about that...i wanted to know if you read englisch books?

bye bye
samaire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Far too many people arelooking for the right person instead of trying to be the right person

i don't read english books, cause i can't ... i think... Unsure
I'll try to read one

you were in america??
i'm going to visit kanada next year.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I LOVE reading English books! Since my high school year, I find it boring to read German books. I don't know why but I'm really drading it. Right now, I'm reading "Madame Bovary" in German and it's so boring and I make no effort at all. But after I'm done with this one, I'm gonna read the latest Nick Hornby Smile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:herz: Verlobt mit Carö ~ cause we are meant to be :herz:

oh...cool...i´m goingt to try it...
i´d like to read a bookof cecilia ahern...i hope it won´t be too hard for me :p

and ya...i visited america for 6weeks...i loved it!
i would love to make a high school year over their...but i think i can´t afford it...as it´s very expensive

@charming holly
where have you been?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Far too many people arelooking for the right person instead of trying to be the right person

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste