Her dream (Spoiler für Staffel 7)*complete*

okay,
I obviously missed a part but okay. I liked both chapters, especially the last one. I hate Chris, he's a f*** a***. ^^
Okay, I will stay tuned, definitely,
greets,
Ced

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, I just loooooove this fan fiction, I'm suscribing to it right now Wink
It gives a pretty good insight on what might happen or did happen or could happen or we want to happen. And they're talking again and she still loves him and Chris is just being such a jerk, I could kill him. Well, If Luke doesn't, I'll definitely do someday :lach: Well, gimme more, gimme more! I wanna see babies and a happy LL Big Grin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:herz: Verlobt mit Carö ~ cause we are meant to be :herz:

Nachricht von den Autoren: "We really appreciate it that you are giving us such amazing reviews. Thank you so much and keep them coming! We love it!"

[B]Chapter 4 : Characters[/B]

Lorelai was sitting behind her desk in the Dragonfly. Her day was long and busy. She had to skip lunch because there simply was no time to sit down. Not even for 10 minutes. It was almost 5 o clock now and Lorelai enjoyed the quietness in her office. She knew she had to go home soon. Chris would be expecting her. She just needed half an hour or so to herself.
The house was so busy lately. Or it felt like it at least.
She had never lived on her own before Rory went to college. She moved out of her parent’s house with Rory. When Rory went away to college she hated it. In the end she got used to it and she liked having the place to her self, so that she didn’t had to think about others. And even when Rory was still living there, it was different. She was the parent and set the rules. Most of the time they had a democracy, but if there was no other choice she could pull out the mom card and tell Rory what to do.

Now she was living with Chris and had to keep him in mind with everything she did. And Gigi was there as well. It’s been a long time since she lived with a kid that small. A kid who needs constant attention. And she is completely different than Rory was at that age. Rory knew how to play by herself. If you gave her a book she would be quiet for hours. Gigi gets tired of it after 10 minutes and needs attention again. It wasn’t as if she didn’t like living with Chris and Gigi. She was just still getting used to it. And she liked it when she had just a few minutes to herself once in a while.

She thought about her life when she first came to Stars Hollow. As a 17 year old girl with a baby. She smiled when she remembered how Mia took her in and helped her out. She wondered if she ever thanked Mia for everything she had done for her. She suddenly remembered that Mia didn’t know that she was married. So she took out a piece of paper and started writing. She wrote that it was too long since they saw each other. She wrote about how Luke and she had started dating, how they had got engaged and how they didn’t make it. She wrote about Chris and them getting married. And she ended the letter with thanking Mia for everything she’d done for her and told her that hopefully they’d see each other again soon.

She put the letter in an envelope and wrote Mia’s address on it. Suddenly she remembered that she was asked to write another letter for the one other person that helped her out with so many things in her life. She wrote the letter and put it in an envelope. With curly letters she wrote the name on the envelope and put it in her purse. Then she stood up, put on her coat and walked towards the kitchen to say goodnight to Sookie.

-xxxxxx-
Lorelai entered the house. It seemed dark so she called his name. “Chris?”

“Kitchen.”

She put her coat on the coat rack, threw her purse on the couch and walked towards the kitchen. The table was set beautifully and the only light that lightened the room came from candles.

“What is this?” she asked with a smile.

“Something to say that I’m sorry.”

“About what?”

“About what happened last week. We didn’t talk about it. We just ignored it and I realize now that I was wrong. Gigi is staying at her friend Lucy’s house and I thought I’d surprise you.”

She sat down at the table.

“You want a glass of wine?” He held a bottle in front of her.

“Please.”

He filled the glass. “So, how was your day?”

“Don’t ask me about it.”

“That horrible huh. Well, just sit down and relax. Dinner will be served in a minute,” he said and she did as he requested. She watched him while he put some spaghetti on her plate and put it in front of her.
She waited until he was seated as well and then started eating. For a while they ate in silence. The uncomfortable silence which surrounded them since the fight at Luke’s.

“Lore I want to apologize again. I said horrible things to you and... I’m sorry. I really am. I didn’t mean any of it”

“It’s okay Chris. I understand. It’s hard for you to adjust to all this. I mean this town and the crazy people here. The crazy traditions the town has and the crazy habits I have. It’s okay,” she shrugged.

“No it’s not. And it wasn’t about this crazy town or you’re being crazy, but about that diner guy. He is everywhere and I only want him to stay out of our lives. I mean, I know that it is crazy to be jealous, it’s not like you could ever love him, but I can’t stand this guy. He makes me want to punch him every time I see him,” Chris explained and missed the anger flickering in Lorelai’s eyes when he said “diner guy” and the hurt expression which showed when he said she had never loved Luke.

“It’s okay. Just stay as far away from the diner as you can,” she told him with a fake smile and he squeezed her hand, not able to see through her lie. Only Lorelai knew the truth: She had never loved anyone but Luke.

-xxxxxx-
“Richard?”

Richard looked at his wife. He had something to tell her, although he had no idea how.”

“What’s going on?”

He sighed, knowing that what he had to say would change her life forever. “I have something to tell you.”

“What, what is it?” She felt that something was up. She knew that something was up because he was acting weird all week. She had asked him several times what was wrong, but he kept denying everything until this moment.

He took her hands in his.

“Richard, you’re scaring me.”

“You know that I haven’t been feeling so well lately. And you know how many times I have to get out of bed during the night. So I went to the doctor on Monday to get a physical.”

“And?”

“Apparently there’s something wrong with my prostate.” He looked at her, a little uncomfortable. “Emily, I have prostate cancer.”

“What?” A thousand questions entered her mind as his words registered in her mind.

-xxxxxx-

“Why don’t you take a bath. Just relax for a while, then I’ll clean up here and join you upstairs?”

She nodded. “Sounds like a great idea.”

“Good.” He stood up and helped her up as well. He took her in her arms and kissed her, then he let her go. “I’ll be right there.”

He watched how she walked up the stairs. Then he blew out the candles and turned on the lights. He took their plates from the table and rinsed them before putting them in the dishwasher.

After the dishwasher was loaded, he took a rag and cleaned the kitchen counter and the table. Then he walked towards the living room. He checked if the front door was locked and looked around the living room. A few of Gigi’s toys were laying on the floor so he picked them up and brought them to her room. Then he saw how Lorelai’s purse was laying on the couch. He picked it up and unintentionally saw a big white envelop sticking out of it. He wanted to put it back in the purse when he saw the name written on. ‘Luke’ written in Lorelai’s curly handwriting.

He knew better than to open the letter. Things were finally settled between the two of them. But he didn’t like the idea of Lorelai writing a letter to Luke so against better judgement he opened it anyway.

To whom it may concern,

It is kind of weird, writing this letter. But I was thinking and I feel as if I have to help Mr. Danes after everything he has done for me. I do not know how to write such character witness letter, but I will try.

The truth is my life changed the moment I walked into his diner for the very first time. I knew that it was the first time I was there, and I knew it would not be the last time. I could not have dreamed that a great friendship would come out of it. But it did.
Even though I acted like a fool and called him Duke for two full years, he was there for me and Rory, my daughter, from the beginning.

When I first met him I did not think he would be the kind of man that would like a kid. But he liked mine. A lot. He did everything for her a father would normally do. He helped her with her homework. He came to her caterpillar’s funeral. He made her mashed potatoes every single day while she had the chicken pox. He fought with Dean (her ex-boyfriend) when she and him broke up. He went to her high school graduation and cried like a baby. He helped her move into her dorm room… He did everything a father does for my kid. And I can not begin to tell how grateful I am.

And I think about all the things he has done for me. How many times did he let me rant about my parents after Friday night dinner? How often did he take care of me when I got sick? With my cooking skills I do not think I would have been alive if he had not been feeding me all those years. And his coffee… It did not matter what I needed. He was always there for me. Without him I would not be living at my house anymore. I am sure it would have fallen apart if he did not fix it years ago, when termites were eating it. And the Inn, it would not be mine now it if were not for him. If he had not helped me out…If he did not loan me the 30.000 dollars…

Anyway, what I wanted to say is… He is an amazing father this Luke Danes. He has been an amazing father to my kid and he is an amazing father to his own. She is lucky to be his daughter.

There were a few lines left but Chris stopped reading. He was furious. How could she write that? How could she write that he was an amazing father to her kid? He was Rory’s father. Not Luke. With letter and all he climbed the stairs, everything they talked about earlier that night completely forgotten.

-xxxxxx-
“It’s going to be fine. You’re going to be fine.” Emily told Richard with determination in her voice. “You remember what you promised me right?”

He nodded. “Yes. I promised you that you can go first.”

“Exactly. And I’m keeping you to it, so you’re going to be fine.”

“I hope so.” He pulled Emily in a hug. All he wanted right now was to hold his wife and seek comfort in her embrace.

She pulled away after a minute or so. She placed a soft kiss on his lips. “Everything is going to be fine Richard. I promise. I’m going to take care of everything. I’ll call your secretary in the morning and make sure she cancels all your appointments for the next couple of weeks. I’ll tell Lorelai and Christopher. And Rory. And I will tell everybody at the DAR. Unless you want to keep this quiet. Do you?”

“Emily.” He placed a hand on her shoulder.

“What?”

“All I want is for you to calm down. I’ll continue working as long as I can. And I want to tell Lorelai and Rory together.”

She nodded. “Okay. Why don’t I call Lorelai and ask her if she and Christopher come over for dinner tomorrow?”

“Why don’t we wait until Friday. I don’t want them to worry.”

“Richard. We have to tell them.” She looked at him. “Please?”

He nodded. “Fine. But only them. I don’t want everybody else to know.”

“Okay.” She then pulled him back in a hug.

-xxxxxx-
Lorelai looks up when Chris enters the bathroom “Hey.” The smiled that had formed on her lips soon faded when she saw the furious look on his face.

“What is this?” He hold the letter in front of her nose.

“What is this? What are you thinking searching through my purse!” she shot back and sat up in the tub.

“You are writing a character witness for this jerk?” Chris yelled at her.

“I can write whatever I want!” she yelled back, grabbed the towel of the hook, wrapped it around her and stepped out of the tub, because she felt stupid sitting in a tub surrounded by scented water fighting with Chris.

“He has been an amazing father to my kid? I am Rory’s father and not this hobo.”

“Then were the hell were you for the last 20 years? I haven’t see you here”

“I was busy and you know that. I wasn’t ready to be a father.” The fight had developed into a full shouting match.

“Well too bad, because nobody ever asked me if I was ready to be a mother. I just had to be. It was your own decision not to be a part of Rory’s life. You didn’t want to see her growing up. It was your decision not mine!”

“This is not about my decision, but about the fact that you are basically calling him Rory’s father. And he is not! He is a uneducated, grease-smelling, flannel wearing hobo who can barely provide for himself. Maybe he was good in bed, but he is not Rory’s father!”

“He was there. He was there and he looked out for her, for us, while you were enjoying yourself in California. He cooked, he watched her, he helped her with her homework and lend her a shoulder to cry when she needed it, while we didn’t even knew your newest phone number. He stepped up and took over obligations that weren’t his. They would have been yours, but you weren’t interested in that.”

“I know that I made faults and I told you I am sorry. I am making this up to you two now. I am paying for Rory’s school, I will buy her anything she wants, I’ll buy you everything you want. He could never do that.

“You don’t get it! Not everything can be solved with money” she yelled and pushed past him and out of the bathroom, into the bedroom. Chris followed her.

“Then what do you want me to do? What? Tell me and I’ll do it!” he screamed and grabbed her by the arm, turned her around.

“There is nothing you can do now, cause it’s over. Rory is grown up and you missed it!”

“When I remember correctly this diner guy missed out on his daughters childhood as well. Why is he better than me than?”

“Don’t you dare comparing these two situations. You didn’t want to be a part in our life. You chose to be out of it. Luke never had a chance. Hell, he didn’t even knew he had a daughter. But when he found out he stepped up, he stood up to his responsibilities and was there, but not only financially. He spend time with April, he was interested in her life. He wants to be in her life, know what she thinks, what she likes and what not. He organizes birthday parties for girls and went as a chaperone to one of her school trips. He even let her live with him for a while, while her mother was out of the state. He didn’t pack his things and leave when he found out he had a kid” she yelled angrily and was slightly out of breath.

“I did not pack my things, I asked you to marry me and you said no”

“And that was your clue to leave? It shouldn’t have mattered if I marry you or not, cause Rory is your daughter and you should have been there for her. She should have been your first priority and not me. It should still be like that.”

“So are you telling me that you love Rory more than me?” he said angry and somehow defeated.

“Of course I love her more than you. I love my kid more than anyone, cause that’s how it’s supposed to be. You love your kid more than your partner, maybe you love them equally if you have found the one. But other than that your kid is your everything. I love Rory more than anyone and Luke loves April more than anyone. Why the heck do you think we broke up?” she shot back, incredibly disgusted by Chris at this moment.
Before Chris could for a question concerning her last statement, the phone rang and Lorelai sighed frustrated. Feeling relieved to have something that could take her off her fight with Chris, she picked up in an instant.

“Hello?”

“Lorelai, it’s your mother.”

“Mom.” Lorelai was even more frustrated now. This was not much better than fighting with Chris.

“Lorelai, I need you and Christopher to come to dinner tomorrow night.”

“But tomorrow is Wednesday.”

“I know, but please. It’s important.”

“What’s so important that it can’t wait two more days?”

“You’ll hear whatever it is. Tomorrow night at dinner. I’ll see you and Christopher at 7.” And with that, Emily hung up.

TBC

oh... woah.

I definitely loved that part... it was great.
I'm really feeling sorry for Emily, I never thought I would do that Wink

That letter Lorelai wrote was fantastic. It showed how great Luke is...
But Chris is just a jerk... searching in her purse.. stupid jerk.

but I really liked that part:
Zitat:“Of course I love her more than you. I love my kid more than anyone, cause that’s how it’s supposed to be. You love your kid more than your partner, maybe you love them equally if you have found the one. But other than that your kid is your everything.

So,she doesn't really love Chris... he's not the one... hopefully, she will find out that on her own....

okay, I REALLY liked it

hope for a new part very soon

greets, Ced

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Awesome Top

That letter was truly amazing, although kind of objective but well, it's a character witness. I'm glad that she told Chris that her world doesn't revolve around him but that she loves Rory more than him :p *nanana* And what's that jerk thinking just opening her letter to Luke and saying those meaning things about Luke to her. But at least he's good at bed :lach: (he's obviously jealous about that, must be frustrating ^^) So with Chris being such an a**hole and her recognizing all the good things about Luke, the odds of them getting back together are pretty well, aren't they?! :herz:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vielen Dank für die reviews, ich hab sie an Laura weitergeleitet. Da ich der andere Schreiberling bin, brauchte ich sie an mich ja nicht weiterleiten.

Wir freuen uns immer wenn wir hier reviews bekommen, also danke an euch zwei!:herz:

Chapter 5 : Stay for a while

The whole ride towards Hartford was tense. Lorelai refused to speak with Christopher after last night’s fight and stared out of the window, lost in her thoughts. She wondered what was so important, that she had to come to dinner at her parent’s on a Wednesday evening. It was probably something stupid. Maybe her mother had some kind of dinner party and wanted them as table fillers. Or she wanted to talk about the ridiculous idea of having a wedding party again, where they should exchange vows a second time. At the moment she wished she hadn’t take them the first time. They were fighting all the time and she was tired of it. How could she go through vows a second time?

“Lor?” Chris shook her out of her thoughts.

“What?” She shot him an angry look, not at all in the mood to talk to him.

“Come on, talk to me,” Chris nearly begged.

“What do you want me to say?” she asked him aggressively.

“I just… I don’t wanna fight with you. I hate fighting with you,” he said.

“Well, maybe then you shouldn’t accuse me of cheating, look through my purse and read my letters,” she said, still looking out of the window.

“I told you already that I am sorry. I didn’t mean to read it… I just… snapped I guess. I read his name on the envelope and I had to read it. I mean what would you do if you would find a letter I wrote to Sherry?” he asked.

“I would ask you what’s in the letter, although I probably wouldn’t even find it cause I don’t search your stuff.”

“I didn’t search your stuff!”

“Did you open my purse?” she asked.

“Yes, but…”

“Did you take out the letter and read it?”

“Yes, but I already…”

“See, so you searched through my stuff and read a personal letter. What’s next? You hack my email account and read my emails? Or you order one of these spy software things for my cell so you can see on the screen where I am?” she wasn’t willing to let it go that easy this time. He had gone too far, way too far.

“Lore stop that! I know I screwed up, but I want us to get passed this. I want you to forgive me,” he begged and pulled the car up in the driveway of the Gilmore residence.

“The only thing I want right now is to get out of this freakin’ car so I don’t have to be near you anymore,” she hissed, opened the door, got out of the car and slammed the door shut behind her.

“Lore, this is not fair. I don’t hold a grudge against you because you went to the diner guy and…” he said while he followed her to the front-door. Lorelai whirled around, looking even more pissed now.

“Just shut the hell up Christopher!” she said and raised her voice. Before he could say another thing she rang the door-bell.

-xxxxxx-
“Mom?” Lorelai was surprised when her mother opened the door herself.

“Hello Lorelai, Christopher,” Emily greeted the politely and stepped aside.

Lorelai stepped inside, took off her coat and handed it to her mother. Then she walked off towards the living room without waiting for Chris. She sat down on the couch and looked around surprised to find the living room completely empty. It obviously wasn’t a dinner party, unless they were invited before all the other guests.

“What was that?” Chris hissed, when he sat down next to Lorelai a minute later.

She shot him an angry look that told him to shut up, but didn’t say a word. She knew she couldn’t keep from yelling at him once she was forced to talk to him.

Chris was about to continue the talk when Emily entered the living room.

“What can I offer you to drink?” she asked the two, her usual polite smile missing.

“The usual for me mom,” Lorelai replied shortly.

“Okay, Christopher?” Emily ignored the tone of her daughter.

“I’d like a bourbon please,” he gave Emily a small smile

“A martini and a bourbon coming up.” Emily walked to the drinking chart and started filling the glasses.

“So mom, where’s dad?” Lorelai asked only to avoid that Christopher would say something again.

“He’s in his office. He’ll be right there,” Emily replied.

“Okay. Ready to tell me why we’re here yet?” Lorelai brought on the next question. The sooner she had the answers, the sooner she could get out of there and the sooner she could get away from Christopher.

Emily shook her head. “You’ll have to wait a little longer. Your father and I want to tell you together,” Emily said and her voice wavered a little.

Lorelai studied her mother, and suddenly got the feeling that something was wrong. The look on her mother’s face wasn’t the usual one when she had news. She didn’t seem as cheery as usual. She shook off the feeling and focussed on the drink her mother handed her. Maybe this constant fighting with Christopher got to her more than she wanted to admit.

“Is Rory coming too?” She asked and took a gulp of her drink.

“No, it’s just the four of us tonight,” Emily replied and sat down on the opposite sofa.

Lorelai nodded. “Okay,” which was followed by an uncomfortable silence.

“So tell me, how are the two of you doing?” Emily broke the silence.

“Good, we’re, uhm, great actually,” Christopher said with a smile and took Lorelai’s hand in his. But not for long, because Lorelai pulled her hand away as quickly as she could and prayed that her mother wouldn’t notice.

“Yeah, lot’s of work at the inn,” she said through gritted teeth and had to push the urge to yell at Christopher once again.

“That’s good. A wedding?” Emily asked politely, but somehow distracted and glanced towards Richard’s study, which was not lost on Lorelai.

“Nah, actually we have the international cooperation of Easter bunnies at the Inn. They have a conference and will leave on Monday” Lorelai explained.

“How nice,” Emily said and Lorelai knew that she hadn’t really listened to what she had told her. She took a deep breath and wanted to try again to get to know what was up, but just then her father entered the room.

“Hello Lorelai, Christopher. I’m glad you could join us for dinner tonight,” Richard said politely, but not as cheerful as he had done during the last time.

“Sure dad.” She watched how he made himself a drink and couldn’t help but feel that nagging feeling in her chest again. She knew it. Something was up. She watched how he sat down next to her mother.

“So, are you ready to tell us what’s going on yet?” she tried it again, because by now she was really scared what could be wrong that her parents were behaving so obviously normal, but not normal at the same time.

Emily shook her head. “Not yet. We want to have dinner first.”

Lorelai sighed. She wanted to protest but for once didn’t, knowing that this wasn’t the right evening to start a fight. So she just went along with her parent’s small talk and waited until dinner was over and her parents brought up the subject.

-xxxxxx-
“Let’s go to the living room so that we can talk.” Emily proposed after dinner was over.

Lorelai willingly followed her mother in the living room and sat down at her usual spot on the couch. Christopher sat down next to her and her parents sat down on the other couch across from them. Lorelai saw how Emily took Richard’s hand in hers and squeezed it. She saw the questioned look her mother directed to her father, as if she was asking who’d be the one to tell them. She waited patiently for her parents to speak, even though inside she felt everything but patient.

Finally Richard was the one to speak. “The past few weeks I haven’t been feeling well. Your mother has been pushing me to see a doctor, but I’ve been putting it off. Eventually I felt as if I couldn’t wait any this Monday I went to the hospital for a physical and they found something wrong with my prostate.” Lorelai felt her chest tighten again. So she had been right, something was wrong.

“Dad?” It was the only word Lorelai could get out.

“It’s cancer. I have prostate cancer,” Richard said and looked at the hand in his lap, which was joined with Emily’s. Then he brought his gaze back up slowly and saw how the blank look on his daughter’s face changed to one of shock and fear.

Lorelai gasped. “Oh dad….” She felt how beside her Christopher grabbed her hand and squeezed it. She wanted to shake him off, but liked that she had something else to focus on, so she let it go. “How bad is it?” she asked.

Richard shook his head. “I’m not sure yet. I went to the hospital for tests this morning, and I have some more tests tomorrow. I won’t hear anything until next week,” Richard explained and wished badly for something to calm his daughter and his wife with. But he couldn’t think of anything.

Lorelai nodded as she took in what her father was telling her. “So it could be bad?” she asked quietly and bit her lip and looked down. She looked at her parents joined hands, then at hers and Christopher’s. Then she pulled her hand away.

“Lorelai you shouldn’t think that way,” Emily said with a force that surprised Lorelai.

Startled by the sudden determination in her mother’s voice, Lorelai looked up.

“Your father is going to be fine. You hear me?” Emily said and sounded like she had when Richard had been in the hospital the last time. She was aggressive somehow, but at the same time seconds away from an emotional breakdown.

“Yes.” Lorelai replied with a small voice, more for her mother’s sake than anything else.

“Good. Now, I know that you want Rory to know this, but your father and I have talked about it and we want to wait until we know more before we tell her, okay?” Emily had herself under control again and the business like tone was back.

“Okay,” Lorelai only nodded and felt incredibly alone all of a sudden. Her own words from years ago came to her mind. Sometimes I wish I was married. Now she was married and she wished she wasn’t, because it didn’t change a thing. She was alone in all of this. Christopher was not the one who would saved the sink from getting sent back to Canada.

“Good. Then I think your father and I are going to bed now. It’s been a long day. I don’t want to send you away but….” Emily started and suddenly her mother seemed very old.

“It’s okay. I understand.” Lorelai stood up and the others followed her example. They walked towards the hallway where Emily handed them their coats.

“We’ll see you for Friday night dinner.” Richard said, strangely enough the calmest in the room, beside Christopher, who seemed bothered somehow, but not shocked.

“Okay.” Lorelai turned to her father and hugged him. She looked up in his eyes and he smiled at her.

“I’m going to be fine Lorelai. Your mother is right,” he tried to reassure her and gave her shoulder a squeeze.

“I hope so dad. I really hope so,” she whispered and left the house

-xxxxxx-
On the ride home Lorelai was caught up in her own thoughts, this time about her father and had forgotten about Christopher completely. So when he called her name, she looked at him.

“Yeah?” she asked confused, because she now remembered his presence.

“What was that?” he asked upset.

“What was that?” She was confused when she heard his tone of voice.

“The crap you were pulling at your parents….”

“God Chris, what are you talking about?” she interrupted him.

“You told me to shut up, didn’t speak a single word to me and then you pulled your hand away!” he yelled.

“You are such an ass, I can’t even find words for it. Have you heard what my parents told us?” she yelled back, tears of anger shooting into her eyes.

“My father has cancer and you are yammering because I pulled my hand away? How ignorant can you be?” she asked loudly.

“I was trying to help. I was trying to be there for you, but you shut me out and pulled your hand away. Do you have any idea how much that hurts me?” he asked in a whining tone.

“That hurt you? Honestly I don’t give a damn at the moment what might hurt you or not. My father is sick” she screamed at him.

“So what? It’s not like you care about your parents,” Chris shot back and Lorelai felt the strong urge to hit him, very hard. She was killing him inside, but she couldn’t do anything. So she chose to ignore him once again.

-xxxxxx-
Lorelai jumped out of the car the minute Chris parked it in their drive way. Instead of walking towards the house, she walked in the opposite direction.

“Where the hell do you think you’re going?”

“I’m going for a walk. Don’t you dare following me!” she yelled and walked away without looking back. She couldn’t deal with Chris any longer at the moment. She needed some time for herself so she could think about what happened. She made sure her body language showed Chris really not to follow her, and she was relieved when he understood the message.

She walked around for a while, and subconsciously ended up at the diner. The sign was flipped to close, but she still tried the door. It was locked, so she tapped the window. When Luke didn’t show she reached above the door and let herself in.
When she locked the door behind her, she heard his voice.

“Lorelai?” he asked surprised and worried at the same time. If she broke into the diner something must be wrong.

She looked around and saw the concerned look on his face. Before she could help it, her eyes filled with tears.

“Come on. Let’s go upstairs.” He put a hand on the small of her back and directed her towards his apartment. Her skin tingled where he touched her and she leaned into his hand a bit, without even realizing it.

She sat down at the table, while he started filling the coffee maker. She wiped away her tears when he sat down next to her a while later. “Sorry that I show up this way. I know how much you hate crying women,” she sniffed.

“It’s okay. I’m always here for you, you know that. What happened? Did you and Chris have another fight?”

She nodded and then shook her head. “Yeah, but this isn’t about that. We just came back from dinner with my parents.”

“On a Wednesday?” he asked and knew something must be wrong.

“Yeah. My mother called yesterday that there was something they had to tell us and that it could not wait.”

“I figure that it wasn’t good news?”

She shook her head as her eyes filled with tears again. “My father has cancer.” She let out a sob and the next thing she knew she was in Luke’s comforting arms. She cried and he just held her, whispering words of comfort in her ear.

It took her a few minutes to calm down. She pulled back a little embarrassed. She wiped away her tears and gave him a small smile. “I’m sorry.”

“Stop apologizing okay? Why don’t you tell me some more. How bad is it?” he asked and was honestly interested.

“He has prostate cancer. They don’t know how bad it is yet. They’re still running tests,” his question helped her composing herself.

“When’s going to hear something?” Luke asked and sat down on another chair.

“Sometime next week,” she replied and took a shaky breath.

Luke nodded. “I know how hard it is, but until you know more you have to stay positive,” he advices her.

“I’m not sure if I can,” she said honestly and her lip started to quiver again.

“You have to. He needs you to be strong. I know he does,” he said like he really knew for sure.

“How?” she asked with a small voice.

“Because my father needed me to be strong for him, after he was first diagnosed,” he said and looked down at the floor in front of him.

She looked up at him. “Oh Luke,” she whispered.

“I know that it didn’t really help my father that we stayed positive in the beginning, but…” he motioned with his hands and she knew what he meant. She took his hand in hers and squeezed it, longing for some contact with him.

“It might not be the same for your father you know,” he said and gave her hands a squeeze.

“I hope so,” she whispered.

“My father’s cancer was really aggressive. But I heard once that 1 on every 10 men gets prostate cancer. And I can be wrong, but I think the five years survival rate is 99%.”

“I hope that you’re right Luke. I hope that you’re right,” she said and started to sniff again.

He pulled her in another hug and tried to ignore the familiar feeling of having her in his arms. They were friends now. And at this moment his friend needed him more than she ever did. And he was going to be there for her.
He felt how she snuggled into his arms in desperate need for some comfort and that’s what he was going to give her. He wasn’t even asking himself where Christopher was or if it was his place to comfort her, he just did it.

“You want some coffee?” he asked her after a while of holding her.
“You really need to ask?!” she said and gave him a small smile. Luke returned it and stood up. He poured her a cup of coffee and handed her the cup.

“Hey would you mind if I stay a while? Just until I calmed down a bit?” she asked him then. She really wanted to stay and bath in the comforting feeling his presence gave her.

“Sure, stay as long as you want” he smiled and sat down beside her.

T.B.C.

Oh mann...das war traurig...
und Chris is ja mal so ein ignoranter A****
das gibts ja gar nicht...
*kopfschüttel*
Aba Luki war ja da für sie Big Grin
Die FF is doch ne JJ-FF, oder?!?
Egal...schreib schnell weiter

[SIGPIC][IMG] http://forum.gilmoregirls.de/signaturepics/sigpic8147_8.gif [/IMG][/SIGPIC]
JJ mit :herz: und Seele
'cause Chris-free is the way to be

Wow, I have to say I didn't really care for the first part although it's an interesting part of the story and was kinda important to deepen the argument between Lore and Chris. He's behaving like a total ass, who couldn't care less. Lorelai isn't his possession and he interprets everything the way it fits him! Motz I hate that guy! (well, okay, I always did Rolleyes )

I really, really, really liked the last part in which Lorelai goes to see Luke. Sure she goes to Luke, where else would she go? The tingle, the feeling of comfort and safety, I adored that for it implies that they still have feelings for each other and that Lorelai is going to Luke for comfort, not Chris! :freu: Well, I hope something happens while she "calms down" a bit Smile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Muss ich das FB eig. auf Englisch geben?!?
Also wenn ja, kein Problem...musst du nur sagenUnsure

[SIGPIC][IMG] http://forum.gilmoregirls.de/signaturepics/sigpic8147_8.gif [/IMG][/SIGPIC]
JJ mit :herz: und Seele
'cause Chris-free is the way to be

Nanni schrieb:Muss ich das FB eig. auf Englisch geben?!?
Also wenn ja, kein Problem...musst du nur sagenUnsure

Nein, ach was. Laura kann ein bißchen deutsch und den rest übersetze ich ihr immer. Das ist kein Problem, Hauptsache ihr lasst überhaupt nen review da und geht nicht einfach wieder ohne .

Danke!

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste