• 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt

Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" III

Episode 3.15

Zeige Spoiler

_____What if sex was holy and war was obscene_____
-Alicia Keys

Danke Smile

Zwei neue Häs aus 1.16:
Zitat:RORY: Guess I’ve got time to tie my shoes.
LORELAI: Yes, well, cobble yourself a new pair Daniel Day Lewis.

Zitat:LORELAI [about the New Menus]: But I had made little doodles with my name hidden in them on each one of the old ones just like Hirschfeld.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In der Mitte der Schwierigkeiten liegen die Möglichkeiten

Wikipedia hat ja die Site für mehrere Tage geschlossen, wegen einem Gesetz das die USA einführen will....

Zitat:Daniel Michael Blake Day-Lewis ist ein britischer Schauspieler und zweifacher Oscar-Preisträger, der neben der britischen auch die irische Staatsbürgerschaft besitzt

da versteh ich die anspielung nicht, aber vill. findet man im englsichen wikipedia dann was, wenn dsa wieder frei ist Faint

Zitat:Al Hirschfeld war ein amerikanischer Cartoonzeichner.

Zitat:BRAD: Thank you. It’s good to be back.
PARIS: Sit down, Mary Martin.

Zitat:RORY: Hey Brad, good to have you back. How was Broadway?
BRAD: It was great, but Nathan Lane is a very bitter man.

-Alicia Keys

Zitat:Daniel Day-Lewis doesn't do movies that often. At this point, we've probably all heard the story of how Day-Lewis was taking time off to work as a cobbler in Italy when Scorsese tracked him down to play Bill the Butcher in Gangs of New York.

Zitat:Mary Martin (* 1. Dezember 1913 in Weatherford, Texas; † 3. November 1990 in Rancho Mirage, Kalifornien) war eine US-amerikanische Schauspielerin.
Trat viel am Boradway auf.

Zitat:Nathan Lane (* 3. Februar 1956 in Jersey City, New Jersey, eigentlich Joseph Lane) ist ein US-amerikanischer Musical- und Filmschauspieler.
spielte ebenfalls viel am Broadway

Neue Häs:
Zitat:TEACHER: Yes, the speech will not go on your record. However, the bicentennial is going to be quite a prestigious affair. Past alumni and faculty will be there, some of these people are now professors at the same schools you’re planning an attending. Plus, C-SPAN will be broadcasting the event live. All in all, it’s shaping up to be a very exciting event. Think about it. [bell rings] Oh, I almost forgot to welcome back Brad Langford. He returns to us fresh from Broadway where he’s just completed a successful run of Into the Woods. Welcome back, Brad.
Zitat:MADELINE: What about your costumes, ‘cause that seems great.
LOUISE: Ooh, unless you’re doing Les Mis.
MADELINE: Or Cats.
LOUISE: Furry spandex with a tail and jazz shoes?
Zitat:MADELINE: How do you leave the house every morning and not have a piano fall on your head?
BRAD: Well, I make a left on Federal and then –

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Das mit dem Klavier ist glaub ich nur als Sinnbild für Looser gedacht: In den Cartoonserien fällt doch dem unglücklichen Tropf immer i-was auf den Kopf, meist ein Piano.
Zitat:C-SPAN (Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network) ist ein am 19. März 1979 gestarteter amerikanischer Fernsehsender, der ausschließlich über die Gesetzgebung, Regierung und Verfassungsjustiz in den USA berichtet.
Zitat:Into the Woods ist ein Musical von Stephen Sondheim. Sondheim verfasste, wie auch in vielen seiner anderer Werke, Text und Musik. Das Buch stammt von James Lapine und ist inspiriert von den Hausmärchen der Gebrüder Grimm und anderen Märchensammlungen. James Lapine übernahm auch die Regie.

Zitat:Les Misérables (in der spanischen Version Los Miserables, tschechisch Bidnici, ungarisch A nyomorultak, hebräisch ‏עלובי החיים‎Wink ist ein Musical von Claude-Michel Schönberg (Musik) und Alain Boublil (Libretto). Die Handlung basiert auf dem Roman Die Elenden von Victor Hugo.
Zitat:Cats ist ein revueartiges Musical von Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber (Musik) mit Texten von T. S. Eliot (Gedichte aus Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats; ergänzender Text zu Memory von Trevor Nunn). Es zählt zu den erfolgreichsten Musicals aller Zeiten.
neue Häs:
Zitat:PARIS: I’m thrilled to hear it, Chita Rivera. Move. Well, Gilmore, I certainly hope you’re signing up, too. It’ll be my last chance to trounce you with anything at this school.

Zitat:PARIS: I’m only saying it won’t be a totally satisfying victory just beating Jerome Robbins and the rest of the losers here. I’d really like to take you down also.
Zitat:SOOKIE: They sent it back. My food. My four star, ‘you haven’t lived ‘til you’ve eaten there, says Ruth Reichl,’ food.

Zitat:PARIS: Good. [to another girl] Hey Shelly, good luck. Although I’m sure you’re going to be great. After all, there’s hardly anything on stage for you to trip over this time, right? [sits down next to Brad; sings] I’ve got my beans at Grandma’s house, my magic beans at Grandma’s house.

-Alicia Keys

Zitat:Chita Rivera, eigentlich Dolores Conchita Figueroa del Rivero, (* 23. Januar 1933 in Washington D.C., USA) ist eine US-amerikanische Schauspielerin und Tänzerin.

Zitat:]
Reichl - pronounced RYE-chil - (born January 16, 1948 in New York City) is an American food writer, co-producer of PBS's Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie, culinary editor for the Modern Library, host of PBS's Gourmet's Adventures With Ruth, and the last editor-in-chief of the now shuttered Gourmet magazine.
Zitat:Jerome Robbins (* als Jerome Wilson Rabinowitz am 11. Oktober 1918 in New York City ; † 29. Juli 1998 ) war ein US-amerikanischer Choreograf.

Neue Häs:
Zitat:RORY: It’s amazing how you manage to hide those bolts on the side of your neck. What is that, just really good cover up?

Zitat:MAX: I’ve been in California.
LORELAI: Well, cowabunga dude.

Zitat:LORELAI: Great. Frat boys, I cannot wait.

Zitat:LORELAI: Yes, they will. You’re a hell of a lot more interesting than that usual shot they have of all the white men walking around that big empty chamber with the numbers all over them.
RICHARD: That’s a televised house vote, and I find that fascinating.
LORELAI: It’s like watching the Men’s Warehouse security camera.

zu
" I’ve got my beans at Grandma’s house, my magic beans at Grandma’s house."
findet man nichts Unsure

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zitat:Zitat:
PARIS: Good. [to another girl] Hey Shelly, good luck. Although I’m sure you’re going to be great. After all, there’s hardly anything on stage for you to trip over this time, right? [sits down next to Brad; sings] I’ve got my beans at Grandma’s house, my magic beans at Grandma’s house.

Das sagt ja Paris zu Brad als sie beide vor der Tür sitzen um sich für irgendein schulisches Amt / Rede (? so genau weiß ichs auch nicht mehr) zu bewerben. Brad ist damals von Chilton weggegangen weil er in einen Broadway Musical mitgespielt hat. Das Stück hieß "into the woods" (Handlung kann man nachlesen) und das ist einfach ein Teil des Textes von der Figur die er verkörpert hat.
Sie will ihm damit einfach nur ärgern.

[SIZE="1"]
only god can judge me
[/SIZE]

Halie schrieb:Das sagt ja Paris zu Brad als sie beide vor der Tür sitzen um sich für irgendein schulisches Amt / Rede (? so genau weiß ichs auch nicht mehr) zu bewerben. Brad ist damals von Chilton weggegangen weil er in einen Broadway Musical mitgespielt hat. Das Stück hieß "into the woods" (Handlung kann man nachlesen) und das ist einfach ein Teil des Textes von der Figur die er verkörpert hat.
Sie will ihm damit einfach nur ärgern.
Hab ich auch gedacht, aber i-wie hab ich nix dazu gefunden Unsure Also weder einen Hinweis, das es aus dem Musical ist noch das es Lyrics wären oder so...

bolts on the side of your neck:
http://www.powayusd.com/online/Britlit/images/boris.jpg
?! villeicht

cowabunga
Zitat:an expression of surprise or amazement, often followed by "dude" .
Zitat:Originating as a greeting by Chief Thunderthud (the only Indian ever to have a moustache) to the Peanut Gallery on the 50's television program "The Howdy Doody Show", the term was later adopted by surfers in the 60's.

frat boy:
Verbindungsstudent
ODER
Zitat:Ein College-Kid, das glaubt, es ist besser als jedes andere, weil es in einer Studentenverbindung ist.
any college age, needle-dick, weed-smoking asshole who attends college only to party and flunk out.

Zitat:Men's Wearhouse is a men's dress apparel retailer in the United States. The company is based in the Westchase area of Houston, Texas,[2][3] and it is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange. The company was founded by George Zimmer in 1973.
das mit all """"""the white men walking around that big empty chamber with the numbers all over them.""""""" verstehe ich nciht richtig, habe auch nichts gefunden. Sie reden vorher darüber, das sich doch bestimmt kein Mensch um die Uhrzeit C-SPAN ansieht (Rorys Abschlussrede wird ja im TV übertragen) dannn meint Lore, es sei besser als der übliche "shot" (wüsste jetzt keine beduetung des wortes was passt. es ist das wort für schuss, es ist eine Cinemaart, d.h. man sieht etwas aus der perspektive/den Augen eines Darstellers) mit den weißen Männern im weißen Raum mit den nummern überall auf ihren Körpern. Das check ich nicht.

neue Häs:
Zitat:LORELAI: A lot of my diary from that year was, um, a debate over which member of Tears for Fears I loved more at that particular moment.

Zitat:HEADMASTER: Brilliant. Yes, I think so, too. That’s all. Congratulations. I would like the revised copy of your speech on my desk by Tuesday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. [hangs up]
PARIS: Well, look who’s suddenly decided to become Kofi Annan.
Zitat:PARIS: How could I have not gotten into Harvard? Five generations of Gellars have gotten into Harvard. Even if I was the Billy Carter of the family, the name is still supposed to carry some weight.

-Alicia Keys

Zitat:Tears for Fears ist eine britische Band aus Bath, England
Zitat:William Alton "Billy" Carter III (March 29, 1937 – September 25, 1988) was an American businessman who promoted Billy Beer, was a candidate for Mayor of Plains, Georgia, and was the younger brother of United States President Jimmy Carter.
Billy Carter ran for mayor of Plains in 1976, but lost the election.
In 1977, he endorsed Billy Beer capitalizing upon his colorful image as a beer-drinking Southern good ol' boy that had developed in the press when his brother ran for President. Carter's name was occasionally used as a gag answer for a Washington, D.C. trouble-maker on 1970s episodes of The Match Game. Carter was known for his outlandish public behavior. For example, he once urinated on an airport runway in full view of the press and dignitaries.[1]
Carter would go on to open and operate a gas and service station.

Zitat:Kofi Atta Annan (* 8. April 1938 in Kumasi, ehemals brit. Kolonie Goldküste, heute Ghana) war siebter Generalsekretär der Vereinten Nationen von Januar 1997 bis Dezember 2006. Er erhielt 2001 zusammen mit der UNO den Friedensnobelpreis "für [seinen] Einsatz für eine besser organisierte und friedlichere Welt".

the white men walking around that big empty chamber with the numbers all over them.

Vill is das ne Fernsehserie?!?! Weil sie vom Fernsehen reden und lore sagt das wär nich interessanter asl rory?

Neue Häs:
Zitat:SOOKIE: I don’t wanna expand anything. And did you see his eyes?
LORELAI: Tasmanian devil.
Zitat:RORY: "Apply yourself. Get all the education you can, but then do something. Don’t just stand there, make it happen." Lee Iacocca. "Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one." Malcolm Forbes. "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught." Oscar Wilde. These are only three of many countless views on the expansion of the human mind. I personally believe in all of them, and fortunately for me, so does Chilton. An institution not just because of age and standing, but because of ideas. Because it encourages ideas and it will accept nothing less than everything you have to give. This is the place where our lives start.
Zitat:MAX: I must say, I’ve been a teacher for ten years now, and it wasn’t until today I realized, it must be really hard to be a girl.
LORELAI: And with the invention of Sephora, really expensive, too.

[url=http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vereinigtes_K%C3%B6nigreich][/url]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zitat:Hab ich auch gedacht, aber i-wie hab ich nix dazu gefunden Unsure Also weder einen Hinweis, das es aus dem Musical ist noch das es Lyrics wären oder so...

http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/intothewo...ewoods.htm

Hier findet man z.b (im unteren Bereich) die Lyrics, das Musical hieß "into the woods" und die Lyrics passen zu der Rolle des "Jack".
(Der Schauspieler der Brad Langford verkörpert hat, hat damals wirklich die Show verlassen um bei dem Musical mitzumachen und die Rolle des Jack zu verkörpern)

Kurzer Auszug aus Wikipedia:
"In 2002, Wylie appeared as Jack in [/url]Stephen Sondheim's Tony Award-winning revival of Into the Woods on Broadway. His role in Into the Woods was[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metafiction] meta-referenced on Gilmore Girls as being done by his character in that series, Brad Langford."

Zitat:LORELAI: Yes, they will. You’re a hell of a lot more interesting than that usual shot they have of all the white men walking around that big empty chamber with the numbers all over them.
RICHARD: That’s a televised house vote, and I find that fascinating.
LORELAI: It’s like watching the Men’s Warehouse security camera.

Hier geht es um das House of Representative -die gemeinsam mit dem Senat - den Congress bilden.
Solche Sitzungen, Abstimmungen, Debatten des house of representative (kurz: house) werden öfters im Fernsehen übertragen (=televised house vote)
Es gibt ca. 400 Abgeordnete, und wenn sie über etwas abstimmen bzw. etwas wählen dann wird das (manchmal) geheim gemacht & dann gehen sie in Kammern oder zu Wahlurnen und geben ihre Stimmen ab.
Da sich Lorelai nicht sonderlich für Politik interessiert, findet sie das langweilig - natürlich im Gegensatz zu ihrem Dad.
men´s warehouse ist ein Baumarkt wo man halt Werkzeuge usw kaufen kann. Lorelai meint damit sie findet solche Abstimmungen genauso spannend als sich die Überwachungskameras des Baumarktes anzusehen (und wie Männer da ihre Werkzeuge einkaufen)

[SIZE="1"]
only god can judge me
[/SIZE]
Thema geschlossen

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 3 Gast/Gäste