Thema geschlossen
Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt

Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" III

Es gibt den Ausspruch always a bridesmaid, never a bride
Zitat:Said of a person who has potential, but never reaches the top or never has a starring role.
Zitat:Rent a Man – Ein Mann für gewisse Sekunden (Originaltitel: Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo) ist eine US-amerikanische Filmkomödie von Mike Mitchell aus dem Jahr 1999. Der Film wurde von Touchstone Pictures produziert und vertrieben.
Zitat:Magnum ist eine US-amerikanische Fernsehserie um den Privatdetektiv Thomas Magnum. Die Krimiserie, die auf Hawaii spielt, wurde in acht Staffeln mit insgesamt 162 Episoden von 1980 bis 1988 unter dem Originaltitel Magnum, p.i. gedreht
Zitat:Unter der Sonne Kaliforniens (Knots Landing) war eine US-amerikanische Fernsehserie (1979–1993), mit Bezug zu der erfolgreichen Seifenoper „Dallas“. Sie spielte in der fiktiven kalifornischen Kleinstadt Knots Landing.

In Episode 14 der 2. Staffel passiert folgednes:
Zitat:Ginger has a baby shower where three robbers take them hostage. Abby seduces one of the criminals and Diana escapes and calls the police.
Zitat:21 Jump Street – Tatort Klassenzimmer (Originaltitel: 21 Jump Street) ist eine erfolgreiche US-amerikanische Fernsehserie der späten 1980er Jahre, die in Zusammenarbeit von 20th Century Fox Television und LBS Communications für den US-Sender Fox produziert wurde.
Zitat:Spuds MacKenzie was a fictional dog character created for use in an advertising campaign marketing Bud Light beer in the late 1980s. The Spuds MacKenzie mascot and campaign were created by Anheuser-Busch marketing executive Michael Roarty.[1] The dog first showed up in a Bud Light Super Bowl XXI ad in 1987.[2] During the height of his popularity, large amounts of Spuds merchandise was available, such as plush toys and t-shirts.
Zitat:Where’s the beef? – „Wo ist das Fleisch?“ ist eine amerikanische Redewendung und hat ihren Ursprung in einem Werbespot der Fastfood-Kette Wendy’s.Der Spot lief erstmals am 10. Januar 1984 im amerikanischen Werbefernsehen. Drei ältere Damen stehen an einem Tisch und inspizieren einen übergroßen Hamburger. Während zwei der Damen dessen Größe, die Brötchen etc. loben, fällt dem Zuschauer auf, dass sich kein Fleisch in dem Hamburger befindet. Die dritte der älteren Damen, dargestellt von Clara Peller, fragt dann auch unablässig: „Where’s the beef?“. Clara Peller wurde durch diesen Spot berühmt.
Zitat:In 1980, the 14-year-old Shields was the youngest fashion model ever to appear on the cover of Vogue. Later that same year, Shields appeared in controversial print and TV ads for Calvin Klein jeans. The TV ad included her saying the famous tagline, "You want to know what comes between me and my Calvins? Nothing."[1][21][22] Brooke Shields ads would help catapult Klein's career to super-designer status.[23]
Zitat:Riding the Bus with My Sister is a memoir by Rachel Simon, published in 2002 by Houghton Mifflin about the time she spent with her sister Beth, who has a developmental disability, whose lifestyle revolves around riding buses in her home city.
Rosie O’Donnell- amerik. schauspielerin moderatorin
Andie MacDowell - amerikanische Schauspielerin Model
Anjelica Huston -amerik. Schauspielerin
Maerose-findte man im zusammenhang nix

Zitat:America's Castles is a documentary television series that aired on A&E Network from 1994 to 1998.[1] Through interviews, historic photos and newly shot footage, the program documents the mansions and summer homes of the high society of The Gilded Age. The series is narrated by Joe van Riper and many episodes feature architectural expert Richard Guy Wilson.
Zitat:Ken Burns (* 29. Juli 1953 in Brooklyn, New York City, NY, USA) als Kenneth Lauren Burns) ist einer der einflussreichsten US-amerikanischen Dokumentarfilmer der Gegenwart.
ted burns gibts nat. nicht, ebenso wenibg wie die History of paper

Zitat:Meisterschaft im Seitensprung (Original: Please Don’t Eat the Daisies) ist eine US-amerikanische Filmkomödie mit Doris Day und David Niven aus dem Jahr 1960 basierend auf dem gleichnamigen Buch (1947) von Jean Kerr.

Neue Häs:
Zitat: EMILY: The cab driver from the airport was a thief, and the cuisine isn't fit for a stray cat. Kippers and cabbage rolls. And the weather! It snowed 6 feet last night, and apparently they can't fly under those conditions. Can't or won't, it's hard to say. I defy you to read a Finn.
Zitat:EMILY: I'm in a real bind. I've got that mixer with the girls I'm hosting tomorrow. With the curators of the Gilbert Stuart Exhibit?
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:RORY: (obviously not paying any real attention) Uh, wow. That's....the splits, huh? Um, whatever I can do to help, Grandma. (to maid) I wear white after Labor Day.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:SOOKIE: It is so not like taking a bath! When you take a bath, there are candles and water-warped entertainment weeklies to read, and soap. There are not people standing around praying over you, at least not when I take a bath
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:SOOKIE: How? The house is barely big enough for us and the kids. And we'll end up sleeping on a leaky air mattress in the kids' room and getting horrible creaks in our neck while your mother blasts her "Flatt And Scruggs" CD. And your cousins are gonna be picking their teeth with my Reida paring knives.
JACKSON: Oh, like your family is so easy! What about the time we had to see your stuttering cousin Odell in the worst production of "Nicholas Nickleby" known to man?! That was like nine hours of pure hell! And did I get to fake a heart attack during intermission? No!
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:RORY: Aren't they, though? Eight trays, and they're almost gone. I might have to go grab a pole and do some fishing. Let me know if you need anything.
NORA: I like the way he paints Washington's hair. It looks so luminous. If Gilbert Stuart were alive today, I would absolutely commission him to paint a portrait of my Henry.
CURATOR: Well, Martha Washington had the same impulse. In 1796, she commissioned Stuart to do a portrait of her husband along with the one of herself to hang at Mount Vernon.

_____What if sex was holy and war was obscene_____
-Alicia Keys

kippers - fisch
Zitat:Der Labor Day (außerhalb der USA Labour Day) ist der Tag der Arbeit, wie er in englischsprachigen Ländern der Welt genannt und gefeiert wird. Er ist wie in Deutschland in den meisten Ländern ein nationaler Feiertag und wird als Gedenktag der Arbeiterbewegung zelebriert.
Zitat:Gilbert Charles Stuart (born Stewart) (December 3, 1755 – July 9, 1828) was an American painter from Rhode Island.
Zitat:Entertainment Weekly (sometimes abbreviated as EW) is an American magazine, published by the Time division of Time Warner, that covers film, television, music, Broadway theatre, books and popular culture. It is the sister publication to People Weekly. Unlike celebrity-focused publications Us Weekly, the aforementioned People Weekly, and In Touch Weekly, EW's primarily concentrates on entertainment media news and critical reviews. Unlike Variety and The Hollywood Reporter, which are aimed at industry insiders, EW targets a more general audience.
Zitat:Flatt & Scruggs waren ein US-amerikanisches Bluegrass-Duo, das von 1948 bis 1969 erfolgreich war.

Zitat:Nicholas Nickleby (auch: "Nikolas Nickleby" oder "Nikolaus Nickleby"; englischer Originaltitel: The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby) ist ein Roman von Charles Dickens aus dem Jahr 1838 / 1839.
Zitat:Gilbert Charles Stuart (* 3. Dezember 1755 in North Kingstown, Rhode Island; † 9. Juli 1828 in Boston, Massachusetts; geboren als Stewart) war ein amerikanischer Maler.
Zitat:Martha Dandridge Custis Washington (* 2. Juni 1731 in Williamsburg, Virginia; † 22. Mai 1802 in Mount Vernon, Virginia) war die Ehefrau des ersten US-Präsidenten George Washington und damit vom 30. April 1789 bis zum 4. März 1797 die erste First Lady der USA. Sie war auch als Lady Washington bekannt.

Zitat:Mount Vernon ist der ehemalige Landsitz des ersten Präsidenten der USA, George Washington nahe dem Ort Mount Vernon (Virginia). Das im Kolonialstil errichtete Anwesen im Nordosten Virginias, nahe Washington, D.C., dient heute als Museum

Neue Häs:
Zitat:RORY: Uh, Logan, I think I've told you about Nancy. She's the one who insists I look like Clara Barton, which I'm still not sure is a complimen
[FONT=&quot]t.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:COLIN: Rory, you have to understand. Milkmaids are, like, iconic over there. They're practically Dutch superheroes. Dating Katrinka was like dating Wonder Woman.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:SOOKIE: I can't relax, it's Jackson's family. I try to say nice things to them, but they misinterpret it and they think I'm insulting them. So I've tried being really quiet, and then they get all like, "Why are you so quiet?". So I overcompensate and start cracking jokes like I'm carrot top, and I start doing funny things with props and I hate prop comedy.

Zitat:JACKSON: Lorelai, we need to tell you something. Remember my brother Bo?
LORELAI: Uh, dark hair, coarse stubble, Jefferson Davis tattoo?
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:BEAU: Welcome to Bo.
LORELAI: (trying to sound casual) Nice sunglasses. Very "Risky Business."
BEAU: Risky business, huh? (what would be a seductive tone) Are you into risky business?
LORELAI: No. All of a sudden I hate it. Tom Cruise in his underwear makes me want to barf. Would you like to register?
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
In der Mitte der Schwierigkeiten liegen die Möglichkeiten

Zitat:Wonder Woman ist einer der ältesten Superhelden (und die erste Superheldin) des DC-Comics Verlags.
Zitat:.Clarissa Harlowe Barton (* 25. Dezember 1821 in North Oxford, Massachusetts; † 12. April 1912 in Glen Echo, Maryland), genannt Clara Barton, war eine US-amerikanische Krankenschwester, Lehrerin und Philanthropin. Sie gründete das Amerikanische Rote Kreuz und hatte darüber hinaus auch großen Einfluss auf das Selbstverständnis der Internationalen Rotkreuz- und Rothalbmond-Bewegung
Zitat:Scott Thompson (* 25. Februar 1965 in Rockledge, Florida, USA), bekannt unter seinem Künstlernamen Carrot Top (engl. Karotten-Kopf), ist ein amerikanischer Comedian der für seine roten Haare und seinen selbstironischen Humor bekannt ist.
Zitat:Jefferson Finis Davis (* 3. Juni 1808 in Fairview, Kentucky; † 6. Dezember 1889 in New Orleans, Louisiana) war ein amerikanischer Politiker, von 1861 bis 1865 der einzige Präsident der Konföderierten Staaten von Amerika und damit Führer der Südstaaten im Sezessionskrieg.
Zitat:Lockere Geschäfte, auch Joel’s Party (Originaltitel: Risky Business), ist eine 1983 produzierte Filmkomödie. Tom Cruise ist in einer frühen Rolle als Teen zu sehen, der sein Elternhaus während der Abwesenheit seiner Eltern in ein Bordell verwandelt, um ausstehende Schulden bezahlen zu können.
Tom Curise - amerik. schauspieler spielt die hauptrolle

Neue Häs:

Zitat:LUKE: I mean I don't know. (walks around the counter to clear a table and Sookie follows him)
SOOKIE: Luke, Miss Manners said you're not really engaged until you have a ring and a date.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:BRIAN: And Zach sang him his tune.
ZACH: Which he totally dug. Reminded him of early Smiths.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:SOOKIE: She's been institutionalised.
LORELAI: What? Really?
SOOKIE: Oh, yeah. She shaved her head. She thinks she's Susan Powter. Sad.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:LORELAI: This whole baptism thing is just a ruse to get me and Rory together. She's played me! She's played me like a Stradivarius.
Zitat: LOGAN: You can do anything. You just have to believe in yourself. Did we learn nothing from "Mad Hot Ballroom"?
RORY: I have to go to Stars Hollow. (whiney) I have to see my mom. (covers her head with a pillow)
LOGAN: One, two, cha cha cha.
Zitat:ZACH: You're wasting your time, Lane.
BRIAN: That manual's just a bunch of gobbledygook.
ZACH: Got to be R2-D2 to understand that thing.
Zitat: ZACH: I can't believe there's a second C-span.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:BRIAN: Godmother, huh? Did you make her an offer she couldn't refuse?
Zitat:RORY: So, you look great. Did you get a haircut?
LANE: Yeah. Well, maybe a month ago.
RORY: I like it.
LANE: Thanks! You look good, too. I like the bangs. Very Marianne Faithfull
RORY: Thanks. I'm hoping Mick Jagger notices.

-Alicia Keys

wegen
Zitat:And Angelica Huston directed it. Maerose directed it.
noch:

Huston spielte Maerose Prizzi im Film Die Ehre der Prizzis von 1985

Zitat:Jdith Martin (née Perlman, born September 13, 1938[1]), better known by the pen name Miss Manners, is an American journalist, author, and etiquette authority. Martin's uncle was economist and labor historian Selig Perlm
Zitat:The Smiths war eine britische Indie-Rock-Band der 1980er Jahre
Zitat:Susan Powter (born 22 December 1957)[1][2] is an Australian-born motivational speaker, nutritionist, personal trainer and author, who rose to fame in the 1990s with her catchphrase "Stop the Insanity!" She hosted her own talk show The Susan Powter Show in the 1990s.

Zitat:Mad Hot Ballroom is a documentary film by director Marilyn Agrelo and writer/producer Amy Sewell about a ballroom dance program in the New York City public school system. The film was rated PG for "some thematic elements".

Zitat:Antonio Giacomo Stradivari (auch latinisiert Antonius Stradivarius; * um 1644 oder, laut neueren Forschungen, 1648, der Geburtsort ist unbekannt; † 18. Dezember 1737 in Cremona) war ein italienischer Geigenbaumeister, der wie Guarneri del Gesù in Cremona ansässig war. Er wird von vielen als der beste Geigenbauer der Geschichte angesehen. Seine Geigen sind die wertvollsten Saiteninstrumente, die es derzeit auf dem Markt gibt, und werden teilweise für viele Millionen Euro gehandelt.
Aus star wars ist der R2D2
Zitat:R2-D2 (sprich: err-zwo deh-zwo), oft auch nur R2 genannt, war ein von Technikern der Naboo und Anakin Skywalker modifizierter [2] Astromechdroide der R2-Serie. Gemeinsam mit seinem Partner C-3PO war er in zahlreiche bedeutende Ereignisse der galaktischen Geschichte von den letzten Tagen der Alten Republik bis zur Zeit der Galaktischen Allianz involviert.
Zitat:C-SPAN (Cable-Satellite Public Affairs Network) ist ein amerikanischer Fernsehsender, der ausschließlich über die Gesetzgebung, Regierung und Verfassungsjustiz in den USA berichtet. Der Sender begann am 19. März 1979 mit den Ausstrahlungen.

Did you make her an offer... aus dem film der pate
Zitat:Marianne Faithfull (* 29. Dezember 1946 in Hampstead, London) ist eine britische Musikerin und Schauspielerin.
Zitat:Sir Michael Philip Jagger, Kt (* 26. Juli 1943 in Dartford, Kent, England) ist ein britischer Musiker, Sänger und Songwriter. Berühmt wurde er als Frontmann der britischen Rockgruppe The Rolling Stones. Jagger spielt Mundharmonika, Gitarre und Klavier. Er wirkte auch als Schauspieler, Produzent und Komponist bei mehreren Filmen mit. Als Künstler verwendet er den Namen Mick Jagger.
Zitat:1964 begann Marianne Faithfull ihre Karriere mit „As Tears Go By“, einer Komposition von Mick Jagger und Keith Richards von den Rolling Stones

Letzten Häs soweit ich weiß:

Zitat:LANE: Rory, look at me. You and your mom will talk again. This rift is just nature's attempt to find some equilibrium. You and Lorelai have gone too many years without fighting. So you had to have one big fight to make up for it. Now you've had it, and soon you'll make up and then this will all be just your lost weekend.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:KIRK: I just didn't want to offend by taking a side if there are sides. I've had some contact with Davey, in passing. Couple of high-fives, one or two peekaboo sessions, but I haven't had much contact with Martha. She seems more reserved. Elusive. There's a bit of Garbo in her.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:REV.SKINNER: Well, yes, I have, and I still have no idea what your religious affiliations are.
[…]
RORY: I read "The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe".
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:KIRK: (to woman) So, are you a Davey or a Martha? Davey, I bet, right? He's much more accessible. He's the Dandy Warhols to Martha's Brian Jonestown massacre.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Zitat:LOGAN: New York, you and me, right now, by helicopter.
RORY: A helicopter? You're kidding.
LOGAN: We will spend the weekend at the Pierre. You don't have your community service till Monday, right?
[url=http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_Stones][/url]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lost weekend - John Lennon, brit. Musiker, bezeichnete die Zeit, die er und seine Frau Yoko Ono (Sängerin,Künstlerin) getrennt verbrachten als Lost weekend

Gibt aber auch einen FIlm:
Zitat: Don Birnam (Ray Millandist) ist erfolgloser Schriftsteller und Trinker. Nur seine Verlobte Helen (Jane Wyman) kann oft das Schlimmste noch verhindern. An einem Wochenende jedoch geht Don auf eine Sauftour, die ihn fast zerstört. Danach kann er sich an nichts mehr erinnern, das ganze Wochenende ist in seinem Gedächtnis verloren...

Der König von Narnia bzw. Die Abenteuer im Wandschrank oder: Der Löwe und die Hexe ist ein Rman von C.S. Lewis und der zweite Teil der Reihe Die Chroniken von Narnia.

The Pierre - luxushotel in NY

Greta Garbo - schwedische Filmschauspielerin
Zitat: Ihre notorische Furcht vor Fremden führte mitunter zu kuriosen Entscheidungen
Zitat:Nach 1928 hatte sie so gut wie keinen Kontakt mehr zur Presse. Sie gab während ihrer gesamten Laufbahn nur insgesamt 14 gesicherte Interviews. Das Studio nutzte diesen Umstand, um Garbo als Frau mit einer geheimnisvollen und mythischen Aura zu präsentieren.

Zitat:The Dandy Warhols ist eine US-amerikanische Rockband
Zitat:The Brian Jonestown Massacre (häufig abgekürzt als BJM oder The BJM) sind eine Neo-Psychedelic-Rock-Band

vill finden wir ja noch was Smile

-Alicia Keys

Hab noch eins gefunden
Zitat:LORELAI: I have a bible. Although I may or may not have accidentally given it to Goodwill because I'm remodelling. But Goodwill is a religious organization... I think. But even if it's not, good will. It's in the ballpark.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zitat:Goodwill Industries International is a not-for-profit agency [1] that provides job training, employment placement services and other community-based programs for people who have disabilities, lack education or job experience, or face employment challenges. Goodwill is funded by a massive network of retail thrift stores which operate as nonprofits as well. Goodwill's answer to its profit status is "As a unique hybrid called a social enterprise, we defy traditional distinctions. Instead of a single bottom line of profit, we hold ourselves accountable to a triple bottom line of people, planet and performance."

so das letzte noch

Zitat:LOGAN: New York, you and me, right now, by helicopter.
RORY: A helicopter? You're kidding.
LOGAN: We will spend the weekend at the Pierre. You don't have your community service till Monday, right?

-Alicia Keys

Zitat:The Pierre is a luxury hotel located at 2 East 61st Street at the intersection of Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, New York City, facing Central Park
fertig. aber endlich!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Episode 6.4
Zeige Spoiler

-Alicia Keys

Episodentitel der 5. Folge:
Zitat:We've Got Magic To Do
Zitat:LORELAI: Oh! Winded! Too many steps.
LUKE: I said I'd carry them.
LORELAI: Need water. Gunga din!
Zitat:LUKE: You didn't have to buy me a new wallet. My old wallet was fine.
LORELAI: Your old wallet has Velcro.
Zitat:SOOKIE: I saw my whole life pass before my eyes. That's how traumatic it was!
MICHEL: She's been Scarlett O'Hara for two hours. It's sickening.
SOOKIE: My whole life. Flash! I mean, that's upsetting! You know, not that it's been a bad life, although I could have skipped seeing "Mummenschanz."

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
Zitat:JACKSON: Could you not shine that in my face?
LUKE: Just move your face.
JACKSON: You mean off of my head?
LORELAI: So, Mutt and Jeff, what's the prognosis there?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thema geschlossen

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 3 Gast/Gäste