GilmoreGirls.de - Community in Deutschland

Normale Version: Wortgefechte der GG - Und ich dachte nur so "HÄ?" II
Du siehst gerade eine vereinfachte Darstellung unserer Inhalte. Normale Ansicht mit richtiger Formatierung.
naja, paris meint, das sogar der diese stadt so kitschig finden würde, dass er sich übergeben muss. Macht anscheinend immer so romantische filme?
Zitat:LORELAI: No, this is about Richard interfering.
RICHARD: Now please, just let me handle this. I know more about the Ivy League system than you do.

weiß grad nich, ob wir das schon mal hatten, aber da es so leicht ist, noch eins hinten drauf:

Zitat:Richard: Who's going to help Rory get into Harvard?
Lorelai: Reese Witherspoon.
Ivy League ist die bezeichnung für 8 Privat Unis im Nordosten der USA (Brown University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, Harvard University, Princeton University, the University of Pennsylvania, and Yale University.)

Lore Bemerkung zu Reese Witherspoon bezieht sich wohl daruf, dass diese in Natürlich Blond in Havard Jura studiert.
Zitat:
RICHARD: I guess you can’t take constructive criticism.
LORELAI: Nothing that came out of your mouth today might, in any universe visited by Kirk or Spock, be construed as constructive.
soll das mit rein oder is das glasklar?

Da das auch leicht ist, hier nochmal eins:
Zitat:Lorelai: Rory's my kid and I make the rules, so if she comes home one day and says, 'Hey, uh, I'm gonna spend the weekend with Patricia Krenwinkle' I say, 'Okay, grab a sweater,' you just have to deal
Oh, mal wieder was aus StarTrek Smile
Also, Lore sprach davon, dass Kaptain Kirk und sein erster Offizier Spock mit der Enterprise schon viele Universen besucht haben, aber in keiner davon würde dass was Richard sagte als Konstruktive Kritik angesehen werden.
Meine persönliche Meinung ist, wir könnten das ruhig mit reinnehmen.

Patricia Krenwinkel ist eine amerikanische Mörderin, und Mitglied der berüchtigten Manson Familie.
Lore meint also etwas krass, dass Sie für Rory verantwortlich ist, selbst wenn Rory mit einer Mörderin das Wochenende verbringen will und Lore nichts dagegen hat. Können Emily und Richard nichts dagegen machen.
Gut, dann nehmen wir das mit rein Smile

Und das hier? Schon oder?

Zitat:RORY: This is ridiculous.
JESS: I don’t know, bet you have a lot of supporters on this. Pat Buchanon, Jerry Falwell, Kathie Lee Gifford.
Zitat:Patrick J. „Pat“ Buchanan [bjuːˈkænən] (* Patrick Joseph Buchanan, 2. November 1938 in Washington D.C.) ist ein US-amerikanischer Politiker, Journalist und TV-Kommentator.

Zitat:Jerry Lamon Falwell (* 11. August 1933 in Lynchburg, Virginia; † 15. Mai 2007 Lynchburg, Virginia) war ein US-amerikanischer fundamentalistisch-baptistischer Pastor und Fernsehprediger, der vor allem durch deutliche Unterstützung der Religiösen Rechten bekannt wurde. Er ist Gründer der Megachurch Thomas Road Baptist Church in Lynchburg, der Moral Majority Movement, der Liberty University, des Elam Home für Männer mit Alkohol- und Drogenproblemen und des Liberty Godparent Home für Frauen, die wegen einer Schwangerschaft in Schwierigkeiten sind.

Zitat:Kathie Lee Gifford (born August 16, 1953) is an American television hostess, singer, actress, best known for her 15-year run (1985–2000) on the talk show Live with Regis and Kathie Lee, which she co-hosted with Regis Philbin. She has received 11 Emmy nominations. Before her long stint in talk shows, Gifford's first television exposure was that of Tom Kennedy's singer/sidekick on Name That Tune, from 1974 to 1978.
On April 7, 2008, Gifford began co-hosting the fourth hour of NBC's Today Show, along with Hoda Kotb.

Allerdings weiß ich gerade nciht, wann Jess das sagt, also auf was er es bezieht. Er sagt doch in etwa sowas wie, das Gifford, Buchanan udn Falwell Rory bei irgendwas unterstützen oder??!

Dann habe ich noch diese Anspielung gefunden:

Zitat:Lorelai: Got it, plus four boxes of Red Vines.
Gummibärchen: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Vines

[Bild: 2375966805_35717e2eef.jpg]

Mit Gifford, Buchanan und Falwell muss ich mir das auch mal genauer anschauen wie jess dasmeinen könnte. Das is doch die folge, in der ein Roryplakat in der videothek hängt und sie einen roryvorhang haben, weil sie angemerkt hat,d as manche videos für kliene kinder nicht zugänglich sein sollten. Und ich glaube, dass ist der punkt: Das diese 3 menschen auch i-was zum schutz der öffentlichkeit beigetragen haben??

Wei gesagt, ich recherchiere das morgen ma genauer, falls kein anderer mehr was dazu weiß.... Smile
Gifford hat Kampagnen gegen Sweatshops gemacht. Sie will Kinder schützen und hatte mit Clinton auftritte im Weißen Haus, zur unterstützung der Initiativen der Regierung gegen solche Sweatshops.

Zitat:Countering international sweat shop abuse

Gifford later contacted Federal authorities to investigate the issue, and worked with U.S. Federal legislative and executive branch agencies to support and enact laws to protect children against sweat shop conditions. She appeared with President Bill Clinton at the White House in support of the government's initiatives to counter international sweat shop abuses. (Years later, on April 13, 2007, in an unrelated appearance at the National Press Club, Gifford, in answer to questions, stated that Kernaghan had called her three months after his first public allegations against her and apologized.)

Bei Falwell bezieht er es glaube ich darauf:
Zitat:In 1977, Falwell supported Anita Bryant's campaign, which was called by its proponents "Save Our Children", to overturn an ordinance in Dade County, Florida prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, and he supported a similar movement in California.[2]

Er hat also in einer Kampagne mitgewirkt, die "Save our Children" hieß und in der auch Anita Bryant (Die Orangensaftwerbungs Lady) mitglied war.

Zitat:Die Aktion [Save Our Children], soll alle Erwachsenen-Menschen auf die Gewalttaten an unseren Kindern aufmerksam machen.

Und zu Pat Buchanan mient Jess villeicht das hier?:

Zitat:He ran on a platform of immigration reduction, and social conservatism, including opposition to multiculturalism, abortion, and gay rights. Buchanan seriously challenged Bush (whose popularity was waning) when he won 38 percent of the seminal New Hampshire primary. In the primary elections, Buchanan garnered three million total votes.
Ich glaube mit Gifford und Falwell hast du recht, bei Buchanan bin ich mir nicht sicher.

Sind wir sonst fertig mit dieser Epsiode?
Ich glaube hier: http://www.theamericancause.org/index.ph...-the-cause
steht, was gemeint sein könnte.

Da steht nämlich:

Zitat:Launched in 1993, The American Cause is an educational organization whose mission is to advance and promote traditional American values that are rooted in the conservative principles of national sovereignty, economic patriotism, limited government, and individual freedom.
Und weiter, was Jess gemeint haben könnte:
Zitat:We believe that parents bear primary responsibility for the education of their children and support policies that empower families and local jurisdictions to maximize competition and choice.
Und hier heißt es:

why pat buchanan doesn't want me to have children

Zitat:I guess failed presidential candidate and conservative kook, Pat Buchanan, has run out of money again because he's written yet another book. As if Americans weren't already sick and tired of his bigoted rants, Buchanan has just released his latest volume entitled The Death of the West: How Mass Immigration, Depopulation & A Dying Faith Are Killing Our Culture and Country (New York: Dunne Books, 2001).

In his book, Buchanan argues that Western culture is on the brink of extinction, which is caused by several factors. One of the main factors is immigration. According to Buchanan, the rising rate of immigration of non-whites will soon outpace the number of white, European Americans in the United States. Coupled with a low birth rate among whites, this threat is even more imminent, argues Buchanan.

To be fair, Buchanan has never hidden his conservatism. He is a proud Roman Catholic who hates gays and Jews and worries about the erosion of "American" culture. In his new book, he says, "had the killers of Matthew Shepard chosen a sixteen-year-old girl rather than a twenty-one-year-old gay man, her rape-murder would have been to me an even greater evil." Better that he show his true colors than hide them like so many others do, I say.